What rules light fantasy system would you recommend for 'winging it'?

Pinotage

Explorer
The 4C system from Phil Reed (through Seraphim Guard) is really easy to wing and play. And it's free too! Only for superhero genres at the moment but it can easily be used for other systems and once you're up, it's dead easy to resolve issues.

Pinotage

Treebore

First Post
10 to 20 minutes? There are some board games and card games that you can learn that fast, but an RPG? I don't know of one I can learn that fast and run it for others.

Treebore

First Post
DM_Jeff said:
You can. It's called TWERPS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWERPS

It's just what the original poster could use.

-DM Jeff

I have to say I don't remember ever seeing this, for sure. I do remember seeing a game with counter tokens in zip lock bags back in the day, but I don't know what game it was.

Is there still an active distributor or is this an eBay type of item?

moritheil

First Post
Technically, In Nomine fits your requirements pretty well. Practically, it requires familiarity not so much with the rules but with the nuances of the setting. There are few rules in IN that do not directly arise from the setting.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Another vote for Savage Worlds - but it seems to have a quirk: You have to fall in love with it after the first read, same for our players. It's a great and free-wheeling system but it's quirky you really have to like it. My players never over the shaken condition, because people too often bounced forth and back.

Cheers, LT.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Treebore said:
Is there still an active distributor or is this an eBay type of item?

Can't find it online except on Ebay. Do a search for Twerps and a bunch are going, cheap too.

-DM Jeff

Remove ads