Strahd's "RttToEE"

Hommlet

Forth Earthday, Coldeven. 27/3/600.

Arriving in the early hours of lunch, you make your way to the inn. The local stonemasons, Gister Noshim and his dwarf assistant Tragge Liftsilver can be seen from afar as they still repair the blasted room from the night you were attacked by the villains. On the porch, Ostler waves you and stands up to greet you as you arrive to the inn.
Well, well, by the golden egg of the legendary goose! Haven't thought I will see you again.
The Oldman chuckles as he puffs a smoke to the air
The stories of you going to clear the temple grounds were spread like a fire over here. The blasted temple is a known place that takes the souls of the unwary. Come come ... you are probably thirsty and hungry.
He motions you to enter.
Vesta! Heroes have returned, open the White Urnest wine and prepare some dishes with roasted goose.
He turns to you
Half price for the heros!!
He calls and urged the stable boy that sat next to him
Go for Elmo and Spugnoir, they will be happy to hear the heroes have returned.

Inside, people who heard about your arrival raise a toast.
You can see inside the ugly Halfling (With his ever quest to find his parents) Quastin Himmble, and the big fighter that helped you in the night of the attack – Xaod.
Several other peasants are here, taking some free time for lunch.

A reminder - Link to the deal you made with Spugnoir about clearing the Temple: LINK

[sblock=Lenuran's knowledge]
This was the first time you heard about the "The temple of all consumption" you know nothing about this.

Hagthar – The little Hamlet is towered by the Lortmill Mountains to the south. He is less then 10 miles from the Iron wood that lies to the south and is considered as the end of the way. Before the split to the dead end trail that reaches the hamlet, the main road circles the Iron wood on his way to Veluna. It is the home of humans and dwarves. But there is large population of Orcs in this little place along with a fair number of half Orcs. The Orcs are from a nearby camp and have long since made their peace with the hamlet's people.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
A reminder - Link to the deal you made with Spugnoir about clearing the Temple: LINK

How time flies...that was two years ago! LOL.

Korbryn sets himself down heavily on a bench, dropping his gear to the floor nearby. He shakes his head at the profferred wine, instead requesting the darkest ale the inn serves. He looks around at the faces of his companions. "So lads, what is bein' our next move?"

s@squ@tch

First Post
Lenuran

After perching himself on a seat in the Inn, he takes a moment or two to unwind from the rigors of the travel back to Hommlet.

"My backside is quite sore still from the saddle, and my throat is parched from the dusty road."

"First thing I need is some wine."

He motions over a server.

After the server has gone back to the bar he begins to speak.

"First thing we need to do is alert Elmo as to our success. I, for one, will sleep easier knowing that our debt is paid for that scroll we needed to restore our dwarven friend."

"After that, we should make our way to Hathgar. What little I know of the place is that it is a mixed community of humans and dwarves, with an orc tribe nearby, which they live in peace with."

He eyes Kobryn.

"You will need to be on your best behavior when we get there - if your fellow dwarves can get along with orcs, I would hope you can as well, for a small amount of time."

Rhun

First Post
"You will need to be on your best behavior when we get there - if your fellow dwarves can get along with orcs, I would hope you can as well, for a small amount of time."

"I 'eard o' dis 'athgar place afore. If'n dese orcs truly be differen' from t' most o' deir kin' than I ken tolerate 'em...fer a bit." Korbryn takes a large slug of his ale, foam running down his chin and into his braided beard. "But don' be askin' me t' get 'long wid no goblins!"

Voadam

Legend
"First thing we need to do is alert Elmo as to our success. I, for one, will sleep easier knowing that our debt is paid for that scroll we needed to restore our dwarven friend."

"Indeed. Our duty here is done for the moment once we have informed the Sheriff. We have time to rest and relax but we should soon prepare for our journey. Kid, you should see to disposing of the spoils we have gained and we should consider if there is anything we wish to purchase from the alchemist or lord mage before we depart."

Dark ale is served to the dwarf while the other thirst on high quality wine. The food quality is excellent and all you need is to lick your fingers (Half price for all is 6 silver coin each).

Before Ostler leaves you to feast and talk privately he say that since no other guests are currently visiting the inn, and since the old room of Miltiades is under repair, he will give each of you a discount for a private, because you are honorable heroes. (2 gold coins each for 1 night - the rooms are single two room suite, thus 2 gold for 2 in a room.)

[sblock=OOC1] – Since I was quite busy in the last few days, I will update the treasure post in the RG thread in the upcoming days, maybe even tomorrow.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC2] – one remark to Voadam suggestion – you can always pay a messenger to Chendl.[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Kid scratches his head with one hand, dragon-tooth dagger twirling in the other. I can ask around town about the items, but I'm not sure there's someone more helpful than Sir elf if we need some identifying. I know it takes time, but if we send a note to... uhm.. our bosses it'll take a bit for it to return. Might want to update them, I'm thinking. Give us enough time to do whatever business we have here.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Lenuran

"After our trip into the Temple, I find I am able to call upon a keen insight into the nature of magickal items."

"But, in order to do so, I will require some pearls....of wisdom, you know."

"I would like to procure as many pearls as our group can afford before we depart for Hathgar."

OOC: Lenuran learned Identify @ lvl 5. From my cursory inspection, he is the only one able to cast it at this time.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ithiken nods at Lenuran's comment. "Ah yes... the infamous pearl problem. You know... you would think that after all these eons of arcane research, our wizards and mages would have developed ways of creating and identifying magical items that did not require an obscure gem to unlock its secrets. I mean, really... with some of the most brilliant minds in all the world working and weaving the very fabric of magic... that we're still stuck going down to our local fishermen to scour the day's clam digging, is just ridiculous."

The elf sighs and stares off into space, dreaming of a different time. "If only there was a Fourth Age where one did not need buckets of pearls to do simple arcane identification. Simply holding an item would be enough to identify what it is capable of. But I suppose that's just a fantasy for another time, eh?"

Voadam

Legend
"Pearls hold an arcane resonance for wisdom, thus the saying. It is also a reason priests enchant them for prayer spells. I myself have a minor one. I will endeavor to see if the one we recovered from that priest is of a similar magic. One of the items, also, is a potion. My understanding is certain mages develop the skill of identifying potions based upon their mastery of spellcraft. Did your training under Bigby include such studies Ithiken?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases