Strahd's "RttToEE"

s@squ@tch

First Post
"I'm partial to the underground passage myself."

To the other gnomes, Lenuran begins to tell a tale of the giant, rude badger and the knightly gnome.

"There I was, in a run down ghost town, looking for any signs of life, where this huge badger, as big as a house apperars...." (perform check +10)

The tall tale progresses.

"....every attempt to discuss some meaningful topic was brushed aside in order to talk about mushrooms and grubs...."

"...it wanted to EAT me! ME!"

"...then I told it that its mother was a hamster and its father smelled of elderberries. It didn't like that at all."

"...but in the end the badger is now a life long friend, and has promised to work on its dental hygiene and invited me to his home next spring."

The gnomes are immpressed with Lenuran's tales and pack you some berries and apples to go as a gift.
"Here take this as well, those arrows can hurt those who walk but are not among the living." [5 arrows +2 vs. Undead]

One of the guards takes you to a voyage of 20 min. in the forested hills to a chasm, the river roars some 100 meter below. A rope bridge cross the 20 meter chasm. The forest on the other side looks quite diffrent from the woods on the hills from where you came. He then reminds you to stick to the trail and bids you farwell.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As the group arrives at the rope bridge, Ithiken spends a moment glancing down into the gorge. He then raises his head up high and exclaims "BLUE!" (to apparently no one in particular)... and he then crosses the bridge.

Voadam

Legend
Miltiades thanks their gnomish hosts for their hospitality and generosity before leaving with the others. Once a ways away he says. "So. Does anyone use a bow?" Once at the bridge Miltiades glances at the dark wood Miltiades and begins to regret his choice of the upper air path. He eyes the bridge dubiously then mutters a calming ritual. He then begins to cross.

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn too thanks their gnomish hosts for their hospitality prior to leaving.

At Miltaides words about a bow, the dwarf nods. "Aye, I 'ave me bow, though I prefer the feel o' me blade in me 'ands."

Rhun

First Post
"Aye, lad." Korbryn looks at the rope bridge and frowns. "Would ye per'aps min' checkin' the bridge 'ere fer me? I'm not fer chancin' t' be first, wid me 'eavy armor an' all."

The rope bridge lies in crossable shape. It is nailed into the ground with huge wooden pitons and 4 thick ropes, thought light weighted Ithiken crossed it without a problem, who knows what will happen to heavier figures. The 100 meter distance is indeed intimidating. Thandis declares that no apparent traps are on the bridge. The bridge swings a little bit when strong gusts are blown below in the gorge.

Remove ads