Strahd's "RttToEE"

The warm tavern is quite empty. The windows are open for light to come in, giving the place a more happy then gloomy appearance. One wench wipes the floor and arranges the chairs and tables for the evening. The other wench serve a group of Half-Orcs, it is quite evidence to see that she is unhappy.
Two lonely dwarves occupy separate tables. One is totally drunk. His head is placed on the table and his beard lies in a bowl of soup. The poor soul is drooling and snoring loudly. The other is a robed one, enjoying a pipe and a mug of ale.
Behind the bar, wiping mugs and cups you spot a chubby human. He raise his hand t welcome you but says nothing more. The wench leaves the group of Half-Orcs and say
“Welcome strangers ... have a seat”

The robed cleric is no where to be seen

thumb_1225438.jpg

Rhun

First Post
"Pint o' stout," calls Korbryn to the barman as the dwarf takes a seat. He pulls his own pipe from his pouch, stuffs it with some of the halfling's weed he purchased in Hommlet, and soon enough is puffing fragrant smoke into the air.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Lenuran of Lortmills

"Many thanks, barkeep -- I think my weary feet could use a rest at this time."

He walks up towards the bar and lumbers up into a seat.

"Say, friend, a fellow dropped a pouch of his outside -- I saw him step in here just a moment ago, but I do not see him."

"He was about this big, and was wearing ochre robes."

"Did you happen to see him come in? I'd hate for him to be out of whatever was in the pouch...."

The barkeep nods to Korbryn and serve him via the wench a mug (3 silver).
Here you go
The wench say with a forced smile.
The barkeep hurls the towel on his shoulder, lean forward on the counter to face the gnome.
Bella can show you the common room ... I have two private rooms and one is already taken, by the ochre robed priest you seek. He just went up.
The barkeep smiles and turns to everyone.
I’ll charge you two goldies per head for a mattress and a dinner. If privacy you seek, it’s another two and it comes with a bowl of fresh water. One big bed up there for two, but I can place two mattresses on the floor for the other two.

Rhun

First Post
For now, Korbryn simply smokes his pipe and drinks his ale, letting Lenuran handle the details with the barkeep.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Now I have you bastards," Dei thinks to himself as he watches the ochred robed priest walk in to the tavern. He gets ready to follow but stops seeing a group of traveler's heading in that same direction. "Better wait a second, to many people filling in at the same time might spook the priest." As he stays hunched between the two buildings out of sight, he thinks back on the event that brought him here.

[sblock=Background]It wasn't to long ago but after all this traveling it seems a lifetime. Dei was finishing up a new spell that he was copying from an old spellbook of his masters. His master was in the room still working on his latest project. This had been the scene for the past dozen mornings and Dei had become use to it, finding it comfortable.

The tower shook and dust started to fall from the rafters over head. Dei quickly went to the window but could see nothing. but looking around he noticed the shadow of the tower and on top of that something.. monstrous. He turned back into the room "Master..." he started to say but his lips clamped together and he could move. Three men werein the small workroom, two where wearing orched colored robes and hand symbols around their necks. The thrid man wore armor that was dark as midnight itself, a morningstar was at his hip. The armored man bent down and Dei couldn't move a muscle to see what he was doing, even his eyes were transfixed he couldn't close them either.

Oh, how he wished that spell of holding would have somehow closed his ears, the screams uttered by his master were to much to bear afer awhile and tears mixed in with the watering of Dei's eyes. They kept asking about the Fire Summoner, what it did, how did he make it, and more importantly where was it. A spell of truth detection keep these evil priest alert of any deception and their knifes and maces did the rest. Eventually they left with the Fire Summoner, and they left the weeping apprentice and the broken old wizard behind.

That was almost two years ago and Dei has been following them ever since. The morning after the attack Dei made a make shift transport and put his master in it. Summoningg a mount he lashed his carrier to the horse and took his master to Willip in the Kingdom of Furyondy. Dei didn't want to, but he left his master a week later in search of the orche robed priest and their leader. (that takes care of what would have ben lvl 1)

Following the cleric's advice he recieved at the temple he took his master to, Dei booked passage on a boat and headed to Verbobonc to learn more about this strange cult. Dei spent the next year and a half studying adventuring and learning all he could of the attackers. I will not tell his whole story here just let it be known that he is known in every temple in Verbobonc especially the Church of Delleb where he can count Julia Fairfriend a close associate. He is also well known in Gnomesberg and the House of Jimm, where he and some friends helped the gnomes with problems they were having down in the Kron Hills.

Finally all his searching paid off and Dei learned of the cult having been spotted around Nulb and the old Temple of Elemental Evil and in the region around Hommlet. Dei was about to follow up on these leads when but he was side treked trying to help his friends. Another four months pasted as Dei helped out around the town of Rastor, but when word of ochre robed priest in the villiage of Hagthar Dei didn't hesitate. Though his friends stayed behind he struck out alone to the villiage which was so close. [/sblock]

"And now I'm here and now I have you." he says to himself walking to the tavern door.

Last edited:

Remove ads