Free Hypnotic Campaign-Scale Maps

Rune

Once A Fool
Try not to look at it for too long :D

I've done many of these over the years, each one unique, but I've never tried it on a computer before (much less a laptop!).

Turned out okay, I think.

I'll post more of these in the future and if anyone wants to snag them, feel free, but at least give me credit.

If anyone really likes the style, I'm open to the possibility of doing custum requests.

Again, try not to get lost in it. Especially if you're at work and should be doing other stuff.

P.S. I can convert this over to PDF (I think) if anyone wants it.

P.P.S. The effect works much better with a lot of smaller islands, but it takes longer to do and, really, who plays island campaigns? ;)

Attachments

• map1.jpg
    map1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 599
Last edited:

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Re: Free Hypnotic Campaign-Scale Map

Rune said:
Try not to look at it for too long :D

I've done many of these over the years, each one unique, but I've never tried it on a computer before (much less a laptop!).

Turned out okay, I think.

I'll post more of these in the future and if anyone wants to snag them, feel free, but at least give me credit.

If anyone really likes the style, I'm open to the possibility of doing custum requests.

Again, try not to get lost in it. Especially if you're at work and should be doing other stuff.

P.S. I can convert this over to PDF (I think) if anyone wants it.

P.P.S. The effect works much better with a lot of smaller islands, but it takes longer to do and, really, who plays island campaigns? ;)

Hypnotic, Rune, really :eek: :eek:

Dave Blewer

First Post
I could use that style of maps for Sundered Skies... I like the patterns of force around the islands- High windspeeds and all that!

:D

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
Actually, I've often thought of the Sundered Skies while making these maps. I do think the world would look good with this kind of cartography. Also, the Sundered Skies is more flexible in design than the typical setting, which is good for this style.

I'm glad you agree that this style would compliment the Sundered Skies.

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
Here's an example of one of these maps colored in and detailed.

This one is the first map.

Attachments

• colormap1.jpg
    colormap1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 443

Sammael99

First Post
Rune,

I very much like the style !

If I may say so, I much prefer the B&W feel than the coloured one.

If you want to try something out, check out the link in my sig. In the first post or so of the thread, there's a map of my campaign. Wanna try it out ?

Rune

Once A Fool
Sammael99 said:
Rune,

I very much like the style !

Thank you!

If I may say so, I much prefer the B&W feel than the coloured one.

As do I. I just thought I should do one example in color of what the maps could look like with the blanks filled in.

If you want to try something out, check out the link in my sig. In the first post or so of the thread, there's a map of my campaign. Wanna try it out ?

In B&W? Sure!

In color? I'm less enthusiastic about the idea. I spent way too much time coloring the map above. I believe I could do it quicker, now, but I'm drained! Maybe later.

Remove ads