MGibster's Big Bad Thread of Big Bad Miniatures 2024

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
This thread really makes me miss in-person play, painting minis, and building terrain. I'm finally moving back to the states, but to a different state than my players and I don't really have the free time to find a second group of players and run a second campaign. I do think I may start painting all the Bones minis I kickstarted years ago.

Here's one I always wanted to paint but just never got around to it. I gave away all my painting supplies to my neighbor who started getting into painting mins a few years back. Figured it was better to give them to someone who will use them rather than them go to waste.
Oh hey, I remember that ape. What chunk of metal that was, I think the only heavier fig I owned was one of the old Grenadier dragons, and Terronus cheated by being a lead alloy. Wound up painting him with some 15mm Old Glory figs and sold them off for gaming the first part of a certain Hollywood movie - on my blog here.

Man, over ten years ago now. Can't even buy metal figs in the FLGS any more. Times a'changin' every day...

Last edited:

MGibster

Legend
I haven't posted in a while, but I've been hard at work painting. In 1984 a game called Battledroids was released that would eventually be retitled Battletech. It turns out the word droids belongs to George Lucas. Or at least it did at the time. What you see here are a painted Spider mech and the classic Urbanmech. With apologies, there's aren't the droids you're looking for.
Droids.JPG

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...

MGibster

Legend
This is the year for big miniatures. This is Liberty Prime from Fallout: Wasteland Warfare made by Modiphius and it's a ridulous model. It comes in 9 pieces, not including the base, and it's made out of resin. I painted the base first and then moved on to the robot before applying epoxy resin for assembly. Getting the legs into the hips correctly was a pain in the rear. It's so heavy, I'm almost afraid to use it as a game piece.

Liberty Prime.JPG

Just for scale, here's Liberty Prime next to a Warhammer 40k Imperial Knight. That reminds me, I need to clean my monitor.
Liberty Prime_2.JPG

Remove ads