D&D General WizKids Announces New D&D and Critical Role Miniatures for 2024

Several new releases coming in the first half 2024 for D&D and Critical Role licensed minis and sculptures.

WizKids announced pre-orders for several new products coming in 2024 from Dungeons & Dragons and Critical Role.

ClassicsCollection.png

The D&D Classics Collection line of pre-painted miniatures based on the original artwork from the original Monster Manual expands with the D&D Classics Collection: Monsters K-N set. These miniatures are sold as a set featuring a kobold, lich, lizardfolk, mind flayer, minotaur, merfolk, mummy, and naga retailing for $89.99 with a release scheduled for February 2024.

planescape.png

The D&D Icons of the Realm line of pre-painted miniatures will receive its 30th expansion with the Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse set in March 2024. The base set will feature 47 figures from the Planescape expansion including modrons, cranium rats, fiends, celestials, and more. Random boosters will be available in April 2024 and feature 1 Large and 3 Medium or Small pre-painted miniatures for a retail price of $19.99. As with other Icons of the Realm sets, there will also be a single larger-than-Large size miniature with the Whirlwyrm boxed miniature for $49.99. The Character Miniature Boxed Set for this expansion includes Fell, Morte, Musteval, Shemeshka, Planar Philosopher, Transcendent Order Conduit, and Transcendand Order Instinct for $49.99. A limited edition boxed set with a collection of miniatures (pictured above) including the modron R04M, Doomguard Rot Blade, Bariaur Wanderer, Warden Archon, and Shemeshka’s Bodygaurd will also be available for $49.99.

adulttimedragonsolicitimage_1024x1024.png

The D&D Icons of the Realm: Adult Time Dragon is a pre-painted miniature featuring the Time Dragon with one hand? Paw? Claw? Resting on an hourglass. This individual boxed miniature will be available in April 2024 with a retail price of $99.99.

greendragontrophyplaque_2_1024x1024.png

Two releases for the D&D Replicas of the Realm line of life-sized home décor replicas are on the way. The first is the Green Dragon Trophy Plaque. This foam and latex hand-painted sculpture will be available in January 2024 with a retail price of $479.99.

redwyrmling.jpg

Red Dragon Wymling Foam Figure 50th Anniversary is also on its way later this year. The lightweight and hand-painted life-size figure stands at just under 2 ½ feet tall to look dangerously cute in your game room in celebration of the 50th anniversary of Dungeons & Dragons. The sculpture will be available in April 2024 for a retail price of $649.99.

cr-calamity.png

WizKids also announced two miniature products licensed from Critical Role. The Critical Role Exandria Unlimited - Calamity Boxed Set has pre-painted miniatures of Cerrit Agrupnin, Laerryn Coramar-Seelie, Loquatius Seelie, Nydas Okiro, Patia Por’co, and Zerxus Ilerez. This set is scheduled for a February 2024 release with a retail price of $49.99.

shademother.png

Also from Critical Role, the Shademother Boxed Miniature is a six-inch tall pre-painted figure of the mother of the shade creepers featured in the Bells Hells campaign. The boxed miniature will be available in April 2024 with a retail price of $44.99.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

It's specifically licensed through Critical Role and NOT through Wizards of the Coast. So it'd be Critical Role/Darrington Press releasing any published stat block. However, I'm not sure if they do for the Critical Role minis they've released, but for D&D and Pathfinder licensed minis, they came with a card that had the stat block for the monster. So there may be something similar with this mini.
Honestly this should just be standard at this price point.

Abstruse

Legend
Honestly this should just be standard at this price point.
Like I said, it probably is. I just haven't bought any minis from that particular line to say for sure and it's not mentioned in any of the sales solicitations. Worst case scenario, there are wikis for Critical Role that reverse-engineered all the stats from what happened in the stream. For example, they don't have the actual hit points but they know how much damage it took before it died.

Ulfgeir

Hero
They look nice. I really like the Red Dragon, but not enough to BUY it. I would gladly take it if someone else paid for it, or if I won a lot of money...

Kurotowa

Legend
Really wanted that Red Dragon Wyrmling, until I saw the hoard I'd have to sacrifice to attract him to my lair...
If you wanted proof that WotC isn't just catering to the under-25 demographic, here you are. This is high end merch. It's aimed at people like the guy in my group who's a 40-something pediatric dentist. Ones who have been playing D&D for decades and can afford to have expensive toys for it.

UVAtom

Villager
I would buy a lot more of these miniatures if they weren’t in blind boxes. And that set of the alphabetical monsters is cool and all, but what am I going to do with 1 kobold? Pathfinder makes these pawn sets that match up with their modules. I buy them just so I have something to use for DnD. WoTC is just leaving money on the table at this point.

Remove ads

Remove ads