D&D General WizKids Announces New D&D and Critical Role Miniatures for 2024

Several new releases coming in the first half 2024 for D&D and Critical Role licensed minis and sculptures.

WizKids announced pre-orders for several new products coming in 2024 from Dungeons & Dragons and Critical Role.

ClassicsCollection.png

The D&D Classics Collection line of pre-painted miniatures based on the original artwork from the original Monster Manual expands with the D&D Classics Collection: Monsters K-N set. These miniatures are sold as a set featuring a kobold, lich, lizardfolk, mind flayer, minotaur, merfolk, mummy, and naga retailing for $89.99 with a release scheduled for February 2024.

planescape.png

The D&D Icons of the Realm line of pre-painted miniatures will receive its 30th expansion with the Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse set in March 2024. The base set will feature 47 figures from the Planescape expansion including modrons, cranium rats, fiends, celestials, and more. Random boosters will be available in April 2024 and feature 1 Large and 3 Medium or Small pre-painted miniatures for a retail price of $19.99. As with other Icons of the Realm sets, there will also be a single larger-than-Large size miniature with the Whirlwyrm boxed miniature for $49.99. The Character Miniature Boxed Set for this expansion includes Fell, Morte, Musteval, Shemeshka, Planar Philosopher, Transcendent Order Conduit, and Transcendand Order Instinct for $49.99. A limited edition boxed set with a collection of miniatures (pictured above) including the modron R04M, Doomguard Rot Blade, Bariaur Wanderer, Warden Archon, and Shemeshka’s Bodygaurd will also be available for $49.99.

adulttimedragonsolicitimage_1024x1024.png

The D&D Icons of the Realm: Adult Time Dragon is a pre-painted miniature featuring the Time Dragon with one hand? Paw? Claw? Resting on an hourglass. This individual boxed miniature will be available in April 2024 with a retail price of $99.99.

greendragontrophyplaque_2_1024x1024.png

Two releases for the D&D Replicas of the Realm line of life-sized home décor replicas are on the way. The first is the Green Dragon Trophy Plaque. This foam and latex hand-painted sculpture will be available in January 2024 with a retail price of $479.99.

redwyrmling.jpg

Red Dragon Wymling Foam Figure 50th Anniversary is also on its way later this year. The lightweight and hand-painted life-size figure stands at just under 2 ½ feet tall to look dangerously cute in your game room in celebration of the 50th anniversary of Dungeons & Dragons. The sculpture will be available in April 2024 for a retail price of $649.99.

cr-calamity.png

WizKids also announced two miniature products licensed from Critical Role. The Critical Role Exandria Unlimited - Calamity Boxed Set has pre-painted miniatures of Cerrit Agrupnin, Laerryn Coramar-Seelie, Loquatius Seelie, Nydas Okiro, Patia Por’co, and Zerxus Ilerez. This set is scheduled for a February 2024 release with a retail price of $49.99.

shademother.png

Also from Critical Role, the Shademother Boxed Miniature is a six-inch tall pre-painted figure of the mother of the shade creepers featured in the Bells Hells campaign. The boxed miniature will be available in April 2024 with a retail price of $44.99.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

As a painting enthusiast, I think the main problem with Wizkids pre-painted miniatures (PPM) is that the painting is very poor. But if can get a deal on them, I love repainting them, especially some of their monsters.
I use this product on pretty much all pre-painted miniatures I get my hands on: https://www.thearmypainter.com/shop/us/qs1002p

For just a couple of minutes per miniature I can get some really nice shading and depth on top of the existing paintjob. I might do a quick touch-up of the painting before applying the quickshade, if there are any messed up details like poorly painted eyes. But it's usually not neccessary, the quickshade will hide a lot of painting flaws. Finish off with a matte spray varnish and I have game-ready figures in no time.

They may not be great paintjobs, but with this method can easily get pre-painted figures up to a standard where they at least don't look out of place next to miniatures I have hand painted from scratch.

Wizkids Unveils 'D&D Icons of the Realms: Tomb of Annihilation - Complete Set' for June 2024, msrp $299.99

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view...d-icons-realms-tomb-annihilation-complete-set

I'm super tempted to pre-order this set. It looks like the sculpts are updated a bit but I could be wrong. If anyone can clarify I'd much appreciate it.

After spending the majority of the past ten years avoiding getting sucked into mini collecting, I've been bit. Got two bricks of Phandelver (they are nice for pre painted). I recently caught a sale on Wizkids and ordered a brick each of Snow Bound, Monster Menagerie 2 & 3, and Fangs and Talons.

Stormonu

Legend
I'm super tempted to pre-order this set. It looks like the sculpts are updated a bit but I could be wrong. If anyone can clarify I'd much appreciate it.

After spending the majority of the past ten years avoiding getting sucked into mini collecting, I've been bit. Got two bricks of Phandelver (they are nice for pre painted). I recently caught a sale on Wizkids and ordered a brick each of Snow Bound, Monster Menagerie 2 & 3, and Fangs and Talons.
They're colored renders, not the actual minis - but it's the same sculpts. It's doubtful they look nearly as good as pictured, but they'll still be of usable quality.

Remove ads

Remove ads