Build me a katana + trenchcoat guy

Halivar

First Post
Cheesepie said:
This thread has inspired me to roll up a dexterous, katana (AKA bastard sword)-wielding fighter!
The power of hong compels you!

Trenchcoat + katana? Bah, I say! 4e is dead to me if I can't make an piratical ninja-monkey robot. Dead, I say!

Cheesepie

First Post
That One Guy said:
Huzzah! Post results or a summary of, please.
Well, I don't mean right away. I mean, eventually! :p

EDIT: I imagine he'll be human, picking up Superior Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword) and, assuming the ranger has something like Acrobatics on its class list, the ranger multiclass feat for that and Hunter's Quarry.

Now, assuming I am using the default stat array, should I stick the +2 in Str or Dex? (He will be wearing light armour, obviously.)

Last edited:

Kesh

First Post
I'd be interested to see if someone can build a katana+trenchcoat guy using the Warlord as a base. Sure, he's not the "brooding loner" type, but he'd be the cool guy kicking butt with style while everyone else flails away. ;)

Irda Ranger

First Post
Go Ranger, but ask your DM to house-rule all the "Must be wielding two melee weapons" requirements stuck on 1/2 his class powers with "Must be wielding a versatile melee weapon two-handed." Then give him Hide Armor (aka, a Black Manticore-Hide Trenchcoat) and little sunglasses that clip to the bridge of his nose.

If you can't afford a katanna right at 1st level (either in gold or feats) you can start with a longsword and upgrade later.

At some point multi-class into Fighter and take the Kensei PP.

Last edited:

Cadfan

First Post
Personally, my vision of the katana/trenchcoat guy is a rethemed rogue with a rapier. And possibly a multiclass to fighter and the kensai paragon path, to pick up some nice, flat bonuses to attack and damage.

Remove ads