Masters of the Arcane IC

Vincent Tempes

First Post
Alphina glanced to the group that remained, eyes briefly narrowed at the Elzmyr as he worked to dispel his magic. He didn't seem all that angry, merely curious, that soft smile still pulling at his lips. It was not until Nicolas advanced on him that he turned fully, regarding the other man fully.

If one could say anything about Alphina, it was that he was a good listener, standing politely as the other mage spat out his arguement. Finally, as it came to a close, he responded. "I came here to be accepted into a school that will likely reject more than it accepts. I will impress many by bringing one of the other applicants to the ground with one of the weakest spells I have."

"And as far as 'Either one of us could kill the other with a word?'" He steps up to the other man now, grining wickedly as he gets quite litterally in his face, whispering his last words. "Try it."
[sblock=ooc]1st:The chained spell contingency does affect my person. The spell is a 20 foot area dispel. Fortunately for me I have Arcane Mastery, I take 10 Giving me a 30 against my own spells which have a dispel check of 36.

2nd: The dragon did not revert because no one dispelled it and it wasn't dead. I was attempting to do it as an interupt... forgive the lack of clarity.

3rd: No! Hehe. Sorry about the scorpion, but it was too good to pass up.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Gregorius

Dire Lemming said:
Nick stands, glaring at the... well, jackass in front of him. "Did you come here to pick a fight, or did you come here to learn? Yes, Either of us could kill each other with a word, and doing so would do neither of us any good. You'll will impress no one in this place with impotent cruelty."
"Yes impotence or incompetence will impress nobody", the lich whispers at the paralysed mage. "But this cruelity seemed rather competent. Yes, the frailties of life. Sorry, nothing against you."

Having seen the work of divine magic, the lich says to Halford: "Could you help this one?" pointing at the paralysed mage.

Jemal

Adventurer
Elzmyr raises an eyebrow. Part of him wants to interfere, to stop this potential fight, but something holds him back, so he steps back into the mansion, holding out a hand as a bag of popcorn flies to him. "If the teachers wanna stop it, they will." He justifies out loud to Ford. "And I wouldn't call dropping a fellow high-mage to his knees for 10 seconds impotent"
[sblock=ooc]
Mage hand to fly the popcorn. ;) Halford's mansion DOES comes equipped with popcorn, right?

Also, WD : His pain only lasted for 2 rounds, and I think it'ss allready ended according to IC posts, though you could just say you spoke that to him during that short period.
[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
[Sblock=OOC]Nope, sorry, a fireball does not "effect your person" either despite the fact that it burns you. Just doesn't work.

As for Scorpy, Halford renames Scorpy 17 Scorpy. LOL.[/Sblock]

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, calm down! Come we will eat fine food, drink vintage wines, and see further displays of mastery. There is no need for this posturing, we are not here to fight, but to impress - though the former may regretably come later."

The musician steps forward and casts disintergrate upon the paralyzed mage annihalating him in a single instance.

"I may help my peers, but I am selective in whom I choose to add to that number. That gentleman did not qualify."

"If I have not said so my late friend you are also welcome in my abode."

With that the musician steps back into the Mansion.

[Sblock=Additional OOC]Jemal I am insulted, of course there's popcorn! :)

Ranged touch attack vs. flat-footed AC, using one of my remaining luck bonuses from Improvisation to add +12 to hit. (1d20+25=31)

[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1620017/]Save vs. Disintegrate for paralyzed NPC mage. (1d20+6=17)
Fail.

Damage 148.

Disitegrate damage. (40d6=148) [/url]

I would have cured him, but I was not sure Break Enchantment would work, which was all I really had prepared that might. So not wanting to reveal he could not do something Halford chose another route.[/Sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Gregorius

"May I and my familiar enter your mansion? I promise to touch nothing, and he will not eat much."

ooc: He pointed (and spoke) at the one he paralysed (the NPC). And this was no spell and permanent.

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Nick glares at Alphina for several moments before responding in a calm voice. "I will not be drawn into a fight where I am at a clear disadvantage in knowledge of my opponent. If you desire a fight to prove your skill, you would do better to challenge someone who has not already demonstrated the limits of his abilities." He swiftly turns away and responds to Halford, "I will take you up on your offer, sir. If it is still good."

Halford

First Post
"Please come in my friends! I have no qualm with you or your familiar, indeed I have considered lichdom myself, though I am afraid I have had little chance to study the rituals as yet. Please come in, take a seat."

Halford urges magnanimously.

[Sblock=OOC]Let me know if I need bother with a Sense Motive on that comment Walking Dad, I assume not.[/Sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Elzmyr sighs and whispers to his two 'companions' (Halford/Lich). "They've both shown relatively little of their strength, I was kind of hoping they'd get into at least a minor altercation so I could see a little bit more of them."

[sblock=ooc]
Dire Lemming - just for the record, you've plenty of spells, no mage has shown their limits until they've shown all they have. It's all about figuring out how to use what you've got. For example, your class has the ability to cast Mind Blank, which lasts 24 hours and makes you completely immune to the only spell your bully has cast on you.

Also Halford, I've a question for you in the OOC thread[/sblock]

Vincent Tempes

First Post
"Those are the limits of your abilities?" He asked with a snicker, for the first time his quiet demenor shifting away from him. "Perhaps you would have been better off turned to ash like our friend there, for you are certainly not cut out for what you are attempting."

Shaking his head, he turned, softly murmuring a series of arcane words. Within moments, another apature would open in space, a mansion of his own springing into existence. "I must take time to prepare myself sir." He said to Halford. "Though thank you for the offer."

"Oh, and mageling?" He said to the retreating form of Nicolas, that smirk curving his lips once more. "Stun." With that, he turned, slipping into his mansion and baring it from the outside.

[sblock=ooc]I'm SORRY!

The stun lasts 2d4 rounds, and with that I'm bowing out of the IC for a bit to finish my spell list. Don't want to pick anymore fights without knowing my limits![/sblock]

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Jemal said:
Dire Lemming - just for the record, you've plenty of spells, no mage has shown their limits until they've shown all they have. It's all about figuring out how to use what you've got. For example, your class has the ability to cast Mind Blank, which lasts 24 hours and makes you completely immune to the only spell your bully has cast on you.

Also Halford, I've a question for you in the OOC thread

Nick isn't a fighter. He's spent his entire life preventing conflicts. He's perfectly willing to let an :):):):):):):) think he's weak if it will either A. get him away from him, or B. get the :):):):):):):) to continue picking on him thus making himself look like a fool, especially when he reveals his true power. And thanks for the advice.[/sblock]

Remove ads