Encounter calculator spreadsheet

withak

First Post
Here's a quick-'n'-dirty encounter calculator I whipped up.

Just punch in party level and size, desired encounter level, and various threats by number, level, and type (Minion/Standard/Elite/Solo) and adjust as needed to get the right balance for your encounter.

The Encounter Difficulty and the advice that occasionally pops up in the Notes column is based off of my interpretation of the "Step-by-Step Encounters" sidebar on DMG p. 56. My interpretation may well be wrong, as the text for that is a bit on the fuzzy side.

The Estimated Encounter Level figures out by how much the budget for the next-lowest encounter level was exceeded, and adjusts it by a proportional fraction.

This spreadsheet was created in OpenOffice.org 2.4 and exported to Excel 97/2000/XP format. Both formats are available.

Attachments

• dnd4e_encounter_calculator_1.0.ods.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 179
  • dnd4e_encounter_calculator_1.0.xls.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 244

st3v1l

Explorer
Well before I saw you create this I made something related. Instead of a calculator to add up the monsters you have, mine gives you some random group make up at random difficulty levels. I may have it even suggest a monster now that you've made a spreadsheet with them all listed.

Stevil

Attachments

• stevil's random encounter group generator v1.xls
    80 KB · Views: 120

Remove ads