Marked By Destiny, Marked by Tragedy Part 3 (No Judge Yet)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
(OOC: Brelach has gained a level, and he is taking a Dragonmark. This would probably be a good time to manifest it, eh?)
OOC: Werks for me.

Weapon looks quizzically at the human. Do you need healing? Perhaps diseased? I knew many soldiers to get itches, though usually in places lower in their anatomy.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Silvanon, Rogue 2, Hp: 12/12

"Is that what made you give away our presence then? This itch?"

"I'm sure those at Jorasco might be able to cure you of it then, and allow you to be more quiet."

The elf folds his arms and rests against the curve of his bow.

He shakes his head as he turns to the bodies of the men. Then gathers near them and begins to search them for any objects of value or interest.

stonegod

OOC: I'm going on vacation to Vancouver from the 7th-13th, so don't expect much from me then. I'll update more then.

The bodies do not turn up much, a handful (6) of golden Galifars and their equipment if it were stripped from them. But the way inward is clear.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Silvanon, Rogue 2, Hp: 12/12

"Why don't I just scout ahead a bit." Silvanon says to the others.

"Alone." Looking at Brelach.

He then disappears ahead, keeping to the walls with ears and eyes peeled for anything.

stonegod

Brelach keeps a sour look, the itch on his arm a bit more frustrating than he originally thought.

The walls begin to open up more, all of them covered by dragonmarks now. They glow in a lurid red-purple glow that make them seem to squirm, though they are stationary. Alys' quick inspection shows they are normal marks, not anything they can "gather."[sblock=Silvanon]Silvanon hears a noise up ahead, as if something is breathing heavily and erratically.[/sblock]

stonegod

OOC: I'll ping S@s to see if he's still in this. Wik's MIA (though trying to get back). If not, I'll put a sishkabob in soon.

stonegod

OOC: Okay, with 1.5 characters MIA, one an NPC, and no real activity, I'm putting a fork in this one and calling it done.

Silvanon heads a bit forward, then gestures for everyone to come forward. There they find the remains of a battlefield. Twisted kobold bodies and Lower Ward gang member corpses litter the enlarged cavern here, eerily lit by purple-red marks covering the walls.

The scout leans over one body, a half-elf with boils encrusting his face. On closer inspection, it is another aberrant mark. The main is delirious an half-dead, wounds and scorch marks over his body. Seeing the group appear, he babbles some nonsense, apparently taking them for someone else.

Kadan... Make sure Kadan makes it. Up... ahead. Stopped these lizard blokes from getting... getting our kit... mark ours... Tarkanan... ho! The last is a weakened gurgle as he lapses into unconsciousness. A quick check shows the thug is stable for now.

The cavern is the front piece to a large stone structure carved like an ancient temple or fortification. Inside, everyone except Weapon is overcome with nausea even through the protective potion. Scorch marks and blood indicate there was a battle here recently, but whomever fought it has long left the scene. There is no sign of this Kadan anywhere. However, inspection of the altar does find something interesting... a bowl with droppings of an amorphous red-purple fluid. Its is practically empty, but staring at it makes one sick and it does give off magic when detected. Excitedly, Alys declares this is what they have been searching for, and carefully gathers a few samples.

The group eventually makes their way back up to the surface with little difficulty. Alys leads them to the hospital where their gnome employer is recuperating. After her long and detailed (and tagentially embellished) story is over, he looks a bit excited and subdued at the small sample size. You did what you could, I guess. As you see, I'm in no shape to repay you this second, but I will have someone deal with the paperwork in the morning.

With that, the longest and strangest few days most had spent was over. Alys has more stories, Brelach was developing a strange... something, Silvanon decided he didn't care for this sort of work, Avron faded away, and Weapon learned that he should not pretend to be something he was not. An experience to be sure.

As for the final mystery of the Mark... that was a tale for another time.

OOC: XP, etc, etc later tonight when I'm at home.

stonegod

Final Wrapup Post

Wrapup Post

Here be the post for XP

Previous Awards
- Thread 1: First Award
- Thread 2: Second Award, Third Award

Time XP: 6/22/08-9/8/08 is 3 months
- Alys gets 450XP
- Brelach, Silvanon get 300XP

Battle XP:
- Aberrant Surprise: 225XP each

Quest XP:
- Partial completion: 150XP for Alys, Brelach, Silvanon

So, XP totals:
- Brelach, Silvanon get 675 XP
- Alys gets 825 XP
- Weapon gets 225XP (battle XP only)

DM Credits:
- Assuming I get approval (RA or Patlin?), I will earn 3 DM credits

Loot
- Robilar is grudgingly pleased that you found something, though he was hoping for more. He gives all the promised 300gp each
- The Twelve is less forthcoming. Having little to show, the group has a hard time convincing them of the worth of the expedition. Though they hold that Robilar's payment was enough, some words from Alys are sufficient to net a "finder's fee" of 100gp each with the agreement that what occurred would be kept in confidence.

Remove ads