Project: Quantum Leap

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I'd like to gauge interest in Quantum Leap game.

I'm going to need at least 2 players, maybe more (I'm gonna have to do a little research). One player will bounce around in time, maybe more if there is enough interest. Nobody leaps until a quest is completed.

I'm also going to need at least one companion character that stays in the present but intereacts with the leaper as a hologram.

If there is enough interest, the max recruiting will be 6 players; 3 Leapers, 3 Companions. As per the system I might use D20 Modern, GURPS 3E or maybe Cthulu D20. I'd like to use D20 Modern/Past but if enough people want to stay away from it, then we can discuss pros and cons of the other 2 systems.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
How exactly were you planning on doing this? The idea is dozen types of awesome but I can see dozens of complications. That said, I'd be definetly interested to play a new Al.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Basically one holographic helper per leaper. Interwoven plot. Eash quest completed is a small step in putting a larger event right that once went wrong.

There will be a lab where the leapers bodies stay and where the helpers temporarily reside. I'm thinking that each helper should have a smidgen of military and/or political history as that is the springboard that got them into the program.

Fleet Admiral Al Al Calavicci will be the [silent] overseer of the program.

Is there anything specifically you are leary of that I can possibly clear up?

Blackrat

What did you exactly have in mind for the helpers to do? As I see they would be much more suitable as NPC's. And how were you planning on doing the whole changing bodies thing? Changing ability-scores with every jump maybe? Those for starters, I believe I can poke more holes for you to mend later :). Neat idea, I just see many many questions arising...

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Leapers will be templates that I add into the physical body (this info will become public to each leaper as they leap into a new body). Generation of mental mental abilities only for them (Int, Wis, Cha), but also skills and feats (their knowledge will be their domain, but a schnifter of memory from the host might surface). Leapers will generate feats and skills as well.

Sometimes a leaper will have trouble remembering stuff (will save to remember) if they can't remember, the helper is free to drop info in riddles. It will be pertinent to run 3 in character threads. One exlusively for the leapers, one for the helpers and one shared thread. The knowledge between the two groups should be mutually exclusive. If they do end up forgetting info they should try to roleplay it to the best of their ability.

As per this, they might swiss-chesse their memory by putting facts, faces and ifor haphazardly together, thinking tthat maybe they know it, but they remember it wrong.

-----------------------------

The helpers can into places the leapers can when they interact with the leapers and come come back to warn them of p[ossible impending danger. Helpers will alsobe roleplaying experiences with other NPCs gathering info on what might be going down (the big Ws: When, Why, Where). Also they are able to check in on anyone the leapers might be protecting instantly and then report back to the leaper with ifo that might save the protectee.

Anything else?

Blackrat

Interesting. I really like the template idea. I don't have more questions now, but I'm sure I will later. Very intriquing idea Rev. Complicated, yes, but neat. Hope someone else is interested too. Canon-wise, is this like after the series? That's the impression I got, if Al's the head of the project now. What happened to Sam? Still MIA?

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Blackrat said:
Interesting. I really like the template idea. I don't have more questions now, but I'm sure I will later. Very intriquing idea Rev. Complicated, yes, but neat. Hope someone else is interested too. Canon-wise, is this like after the series? That's the impression I got, if Al's an admiral now. What happened to Sam? Still MIA?
Al has always been an admiral (as per each episode of the series), but now he's been promoted to fleet admiral. This is after the series and the present will be November 2012 or maybe January 2013.

About Sam: from what I undetand from the series (I don't own all the seasons but I remember enough) Sam's body disappeared and rejoined his mind. He is till leaping around, although it is through sheer power of will. There was a movie planned to conclude the storyline, but it never panned out. The movie was to show Sam way in the future to begin with and from there I have no idea. I've always assumed that when his mind and body started to become weak, he would return to his loved ones and stay with them.

As per this pbp, Sam is still leaping around and may pop up as an NPC.

Blackrat

Yeah, I just went through a bit wikipedia tour and noticed he was an admiral already. Had forgotten all about that. It's been years when I last watched it.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Oh, and Al's not the head of the project he's the overseer. Think of this as QL Series II. Think of it like Stargate. There are other QL labs in the states, most of them funded by the government. Al is in charge of making sure all of them are in working order. Your lab will have your own overseer as an NPC and occassionally the helpers will have to deal with Al.

Blackrat

Ah. Interesting. That sets up some possibilities for the baddies in the series too? Maybe they came from further in future from a rogue-lab?

Remove ads