Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - That sounds good then, Dr. Simon, and I'm perfectly content with you rolling, with or without verification links. I don't believe you're the sort to hose characters unless it's for dramatic (and therefore good) reasons. :) )

(PS - I think we're waiting on you in Romance...Edit - Oh, no we're not. Hells. Ok, I'll try to get something up. Gah! Still need to level! Curse you and your vacation! I got all complacent! :))

Dr Simon

Explorer
[SBLOCK="Ashley"]

Ashley casts her mind about the room. Kessler, it would seem, is on the level with his deal and doesn't consider this to be anything other than what it seems, a meeting between buyer and seller of Q-40.
As for the other habituees of The Grotto, some of the alien minds are uncomfortable to touch, even with a surface scan. There are a few stray thoughts wondering what a Minbari is doing in Tribon, or expressing disgust over the presence of a pak'ma'ra, but there does not seem to be anybody paying the group any undue or suspicious attention. That she can tell....

[/SBLOCK]

Walking Dad

First Post
After the conclusion, Vurk only nods his good-bye and waits for the others to leave. If there is a free terminal around, he will try shortly what kind of informations are open avaiable from them.

ooc: Just roll on doc, like in RRK.
Computer +6

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
After the "talks", which Sarhat was following without real interest, standing a few paces behind the pak'ma'ra (trying hard not to mind the smell), he says to the human female: "We should find the bar we were supposed to go to."

He pulls a hood on his head to hide his ridges. He was afraid that he would pull too much attention if everyone saw him.

Dr Simon

Explorer
[SBLOCK="Vurk"]

Computer Use 20+6 (-4 alien technology) = 22

Vurk locates a bank of public terminals near the back of the Grotto and logs in to LisonWeb. Although the system is designed for human sensibilities he soon determines that these public terminals are mainly geared towards news ("Void-Corp plans construction of base on Leen [Lison's moon]", market news and internal communications. A few test searches suggests to him that the system has a fairly average level of security - with a bit more time Vurk could probably mess about with the network.

Lacking any specific searches to conduct, Vurk finds the location of the Black Nebula bar where the group is supposed to meet their "real" contact. He also checks on Rax-Minstrom Q-40 Distribution and finds them to be a legit listed company, middle-priced in the market.

OOC: Let me know if he wants to search for anythign specific.
[/SBLOCK]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock="Vurk"]

Computer Use 20+6 (-4 alien technology) = 22

Vurk locates a bank of public terminals near the back of the Grotto and logs in to LisonWeb. Although the system is designed for human sensibilities he soon determines that these public terminals are mainly geared towards news ("Void-Corp plans construction of base on Leen [Lison's moon]", market news and internal communications. A few test searches suggests to him that the system has a fairly average level of security - with a bit more time Vurk could probably mess about with the network.

Lacking any specific searches to conduct, Vurk finds the location of the Black Nebula bar where the group is supposed to meet their "real" contact. He also checks on Rax-Minstrom Q-40 Distribution and finds them to be a legit listed company, middle-priced in the market.

OOC: Let me know if he wants to search for anythign specific.
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM]
Vurk also does a quick search about the hotels location and the district it is located. And he looks, if there is a pak'ma'ra district or a street with a stron presence, by looking up names, etc. (keep close to your people).
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Ash nods at Sarhat's proposal, but unhurriedly finishes her drink before standing up. So far, so good. Absently she wondered what they were gonna do with that Q-40 it looked like it was part of the plan for them to buy. Haul it somewhere in the Fortune? Offer it to the Tal as a gift? If, as she suspected, it simply didn't matter to the mission planners, or the Alliance, then maybe they could just sell it off and pocket the proceeds. She was all about saving Earth, but if you could do that -and- make a few credits, why not?

With a stab of impishness she said to Sarhat, "Okay, why don't you get Vurk over at that terminal while I settle the tab and we'll be ready to go."

Dr Simon

Explorer
[SBLOCK="Vurk"]
Tribon city is roughly divided into three levels. The hotel suggested by Kessler is on Middle Tier, in an area that seems to be mainly made up of hotels and the like.
There is a possible conglomeration of pak'ma'ra in the district surrounding the Q-40 refineries, down in Lower Tier.
[/SBLOCK]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Sarhat made a sound that could only be interpreted as a resigned "eugh" and went over to the terminals. It wasn't a thrill to be near their scientist "friend".

"Found anything?" he asks Vurk from a few steps away. "The girl and I decided to go check what kind of bars this place holds. Does the net show any interesting establishements?"

Walking Dad

First Post
"As you want, my friend. Let me take a look for bars. Interested in anything particular?" Vurk's voice comes metallic through the translator.

Remove ads