Dr. Who Season 4 Episode 11: "Turn Left" SPOILERS

Felon

First Post
Great episode, hopefully leading into an even better season finale. It was interesting seeing what would happen if the Doctor wasn't around to save our bacon.

horacethegrey

First Post
Damn, beat me to it again. :)

I agree, was a great what if? story as to what would happen had the Doctor not been around to save humanity's collective ass from one crisis to the next. It also illustrates how important Donna's presence has been to the Doctor's continued existence.

Though while Catherine Tate was great in this, the real highlight of the episode was of course, Billie Piper. I'm intrigued as to how Rose has changed from her exit in Season 2. This time out she seems a whole lot smarter while at the same time being a bit manipulative (as evidenced by her slick control of Donna's fate to fix the timeline). And yes, that preview had me salivating. Sarah Jane, Torchwood, and the Doctor all in one finale? I am so there. :D

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Weren't the Doctor and the Face never supposed to meet again? Or did his memory just get messed up in the intervening time?

Was the Face in the preview? Or did you mean Jack?

If it was the Face of Boe (and I just missed it), perhaps it is in the Face of Boe's past that they meet? Making the Doctor the one who is familiar with him here? (Because the Face of Boe seemed to know the Doctor before they met, IIRC, which is fitting considering who it is).

Pinotage

Explorer
Great episode! Can't wait for the finale.

Anybody notice Rose's voice? It was like she was lisping or talking through her teeth. It just sounded rather odd. I wonder if that was deliberate?

Pinotage

Grog

First Post
Pinotage said:
Anybody notice Rose's voice? It was like she was lisping or talking through her teeth. It just sounded rather odd. I wonder if that was deliberate?
I read somewhere that Billie Piper forgot how to do Rose's accent, so she was basically just faking it as best she could.

Felon

First Post
Pinotage said:
Great episode! Can't wait for the finale.

In fact, I had intended to comment on that very thing. It was strikingly odd. It was like she had beaver-teeth.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In Confidential, Billie Piper said she had trouble getting Rose's accent back after doing Secret Diary of a Call Girl; she watched a bunch of DVDs to try and remember how Rose talked, but that's the basic reason why she talked differently (it's not her natural accent).

The teeth? Yeah, I agree they looked weird; no idea what that was about. They didn't look like that in the Confidential interview.

The trailer for the last two eps looks amazing: the Doctor, Rose, Donna, Martha, Jack, Gwen, Ianto, Sarah Jane, Davros, a the Judoon, a Red Dalek, UNIT...

It could be amazing, it could be really bad. As long as RTD doesn't have someone glow and do magic again...

Last edited:

Remove ads