[Eberron, 4e] drothgery's Keep on the Shadowfell

drothgery

First Post
After finalizing travel arrangements and getting to know each other a bit better, you set out for Winterhaven the next day.

The wind in your face is cool and comfortable. The road beneath your feet is level. an occasional ancient cobblestone peeks through the dirt road, indicating decades of neglect. You notice footprints leading up and down the road, many of which were made by small, clawed feet.

Zweischneid

First Post
Crouching down to investigate the clawed footprints more closely, Khoros unstrappes his trusty Battleaxe with a surpressed growl

"Somethings afoot here. Better to keep an eye. Someone may still be watching this old road for opportunities."²

Staying low and scanning the surroundings carefully, Khoros forks off into the copse left of the road, leaving just a soft crackle of twigs as he moves through the dry underbrush.

[sblock=²skill rolls]
Dungeoneering on the Road to Winterhaven (1d20+6=11)

Perception on the Road to Winterhaven (1d20+6=20)

Stealth on the road to Winterhaven (1d20+8=16)
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Despite the tracks, Khorus doesn't notice much until he's almost on top of a pair of kobolds who for some reason don't seem to have noticed him quite yet.

attachment.php

Attachments

• scene1.jpg
    scene1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 200

Bialaska

First Post
While Khorus is almost on top of the Kobolds before he notices them, Delia's perceptive talents are far from as good as the Dwarfs, so she keeps walking forward at the same pace as the rest of the party.

Jemal

Adventurer
Darren moved forwards, pondering the tracks on the ground as he looked around warily. Tiny, clawed feet? This could bode ill for them.

The dragonborne had been adamant on coming along with them, something in his gut telling him that all was not well in this little town, and that his services - those of a powerful sword-arm and defender of the weak - would be needed here. These tracks may just prove him - unhappily - correct.

"I don't like the feel of this place.." His sword left its scabbard warily as he saw Khoros dissapearing off the side of the road.

[sblock=ooc]
Perception (1d20+1=19)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Zweischneid

First Post
"AMBUSH!"
The Half-orc bounty hunter roarsm as he nimbly sidesteps through the underbrush and brings down his battleaxe in a two-handed arc on one of the first Kobold who deflects the blow, if just barely.

[sblock=rolling dice]
I am kinda assuming (i) this is a combat encounter and (ii) that this is a surprise round with only me? If one of these or neither is true, just tell me.

Initiative Khoros (1d20+3=20)

Action = Nimble Strike (1 sq. free shift to M16 and using the Battleaxe two-handed for its versatility)

Nimble Strike on K1 (vs. AC) (1d20+5=10, 1d10+4=7)
[/sblock][sblock=shortstat Khoros]
Code:
Hit points : 33 of 33; Bloodied at 16; Surges used: 0

[U]Defenses:[/U]
AC:   [B]16[/B]
Fort: [B]14[/B] 
Ref:  [B]14[/B] 
Will: [B]11[/B]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads