[Eberron, 4e] drothgery's Keep on the Shadowfell

drothgery

First Post
Surprise Round

Upon hearing Khorus' shout, small creatures hiding behind the rocks spring into view and begin to move toward you. With a shriek, the small humanoids attack. Scaled and rust-colored, they have reptillian heads and tails.

Most of the kobolds appear to be armed with spears and javelins, but the two Khorus and Darren noticed first are armed with shortswords.

Initiative:

Khoros 20
Kobold swordsmen 11
Darren 10

Surprised, Khoros' mighty axe-swing finds nothing but air.

The kobolds, though surprised, were another matter. Both slashed at him, and both required feats the half-orc wasn't quite sure he could repeat to avoid from being fatal.

[sblock=ooc]
K1 and K2 both hit Khorus, for a total of 15 points of damage. I'll generally describe non-fatal hits as near misses, parries, and minor injuries.

Khorus is marked.
[/sblock]

attachment.php

Darren's up next, and then I'll need round 1 actions for everybody.

Attachments

• scene1-1.jpg
    scene1-1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

Bialaska

First Post
When Delia responds, she quickly moves in a large angle around the kobolds that Khoros is facing, around the rocks, after which she'll deliver a deft strike, moving in behind one of them, attempting to strike in one of it's soft spots.

[SBLOCK=Initiative/combat stats]Initiative 1d20 4=15
AC 16
Fort 13
Reflex 17
Will 13
HP 30

Move L15 K16 J17 J18 K19 L19, then with Deft Strike move an additional square into M18 after which a strike is delivered: Attack; Damage (with sneak attack) (1d20 10=27, 1d4 2d8 4=11)[/SBLOCK]

Zweischneid

First Post
Khoros Turn 1

"Mark this you infidel creature! You're but prey now.. feel the Fury of Tharashk!"
With a dread smile, the Half-orc draws a cruel-looking warpick before launching a maelstrom of vicious blows against the kobold fighter.

[sblock=lots of rolls]

(minor action)
Draw second weapon

(minor action)
Hunter's Quarry K1

(standard action)
Warrior's surge against K1 (use a surge to heal 8 hitpoints)

--- use action point ---
(standard action)
Jaws of the Wolf against K1 (using the Action surge attack bonus and the Hunter's quarry extra damage on the last hit with the pick)

Warrior's Surge (1d20+5=20, 1d10+3=9), & Jaws of the Wolf (Battleaxe; 1d20+8=12, 2d10+3=17), & Jaws of the Wolf (Warpick + HQ; 1d20+8=27, 2d8+3=13, 1d6=2)
[/sblock][sblock=shortstat Khoros]
Code:
Hit points : [COLOR="Yellow"]26[/COLOR] of 33; Bloodied at 16; Surges used: [COLOR="Yellow"]1[/COLOR]

[U]Defenses:[/U]
AC:   [B]16[/B]
Fort: [B]14[/B] 
Ref:  [B]14[/B] 
Will: [B]11[/B]

[U]Powers[/U]
[s]Warrior's Surge, Jaws of the Wolf[/s]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Titan Initiative: 3

Titan is surprised and cannot act quickly, however as soon as he catches the situation, he moves forward to intercept the kobolds hidden behind the rochs on his side (Titan moves to P10) and swings his massive hammer at the kobold next to him, but the kobold makes use of the rocks to dodge the blow.
(I don't think a 9 hits...however K5 is marked)

Jemal

Adventurer
Wielding his sword in both hands, Darren charges towards the Kobold, ending his movement with a mighty downward chop.
[sblock=ooc]
Charge K2, using long sword in 2 hands for the versatile +1 damage. (Also mark him)
Charge!! (1d20+9=18, 1d8+6=12) 18 AC for 12 damage.
*Also in regards to Khoros being marked: I believe when you're marked you get to know WHO marked you?[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini-stat block]
HP: 29/29 AC: 17(19 w/shield) FORT: 16 REF: 11(13 w/shield) WILL: 12
Init: +1 Speed: 5
[/sblock]

Rayex

First Post
Seeing the small creatures appearing as if from nowhere, the elven priestess draws her bow and let lose an arrow at the closest kobold, but in her haste her arrow strays.

[sblock=ooc]

Initiative: 16

Attacks K1: 8

Info:
HP: 25/25
Defenses:
Ac 16, Fort 11, Ref 13, Will 15
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Darren charges into battle swinging his blade two-handed, and knocks some scales of of K2's shield. (HIT).

[sblock=ooc]
Charge K2, using long sword in 2 hands for the versatile +1 damage. (Also mark him)
Charge!! (1d20+9=18, 1d8+6=12) 18 AC for 12 damage.
*Also in regards to Khoros being marked: I believe when you're marked you get to know WHO marked you?[/sblock]

Round 1

Initiative order
Dalaran 24
Khoros 20
Siranina 16
Delia 15
Kobold spearmen (K3-K7) 14
Kobold slinger (K8) 12
Kobold swordsmen (K1, K2) 11

Darren 10*
Titan 3

Dalaran looks up from his book. Seeing the kobolds by the rocks, he moves up and hurls a scorching burst at them. "Take that, filthy vermin!", he says, and two of the kobold spearmen fall, engulfed in fire, though one managed to duck behind the rocks.

[sblock=ooc]Initiative 1d20 4=24
I center the burst at N9.
K4, K5, K6 (1d6 4=7, 1d20 4=7, 1d20 4=13, 1d20 4=15)
[/sblock]

"Mark this you infidel creature! You're but prey now.. feel the Fury of Tharashk!"
With a dread smile, the Half-orc draws a cruel-looking warpick before launching a maelstrom of vicious blows against the kobold fighter.

The first of them forces an ackward block (HIT), the second the kobold warrior manages to sidestep (MISS), but the third bites deeply into the creature's armor (HIT).

[sblock=lots of rolls]

(minor action)
Draw second weapon

(minor action)
Hunter's Quarry K1

(standard action)
Warrior's surge against K1 (use a surge to heal 8 hitpoints)

--- use action point ---
(standard action)
Jaws of the Wolf against K1 (using the Action surge attack bonus and the Hunter's quarry extra damage on the last hit with the pick)

Warrior's Surge (1d20+5=20, 1d10+3=9), & Jaws of the Wolf (Battleaxe; 1d20+8=12, 2d10+3=17), & Jaws of the Wolf (Warpick + HQ; 1d20+8=27, 2d8+3=13, 1d6=2)
[/sblock]

Seeing the small creatures appearing as if from nowhere, the elven priestess draws her bow and let lose an arrow at the closest kobold, but in her haste her arrow strays.

[sblock=ooc]

Initiative: 16

Attacks K1: 8

Info:
HP: 25/25
Defenses:
Ac 16, Fort 11, Ref 13, Will 15
[/sblock]

When Delia responds, she quickly moves in a large angle around the kobolds that Khoros is facing, around the rocks, after which she'll deliver a deft strike, moving in behind one of them, attempting to strike in one of it's soft spots. And she does, leaving her wondering exactly how the kobold savaged by Khoros is still standing.

[SBLOCK=Initiative/combat stats]Initiative 1d20 4=15
AC 16
Fort 13
Reflex 17
Will 13
HP 30

Move L15 K16 J17 J18 K19 L19, then with Deft Strike move an additional square into M18 after which a strike is delivered: Attack; Damage (with sneak attack) (1d20 10=27, 1d4 2d8 4=11)[/SBLOCK]

The kobold spearman that Dalaran's scorching burst missed moves and throws a javelin at Titan, but it bounces harmlessly off the warforged's armor (MISS). Another one throws a javelin at Siranina, hitting nothing but the ground. And a third throws a javelin at Darren, equally ineffectually (MISS).

Another kobold pops up from behind the far rocks to sling a burning pot of something at Khoros, but it falls short. (MISS)

The swordsmen try to counterattack Khorus and Darren, but their blades find no purchase (both MISS).

K5, K6: Dead
K1: badly injured
K2: a bit worn down

** Darren is up again, and Titan needs a new target (K5 is dead) **

attachment.php

Attachments

• scene1-2.jpg
    scene1-2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Titan walks to the kobold on his side and attacks him with his heavy hammer, but misses again. He puts anyway his whole body as a wall between the creature and his companions.

[sblock=OOC] Titan attacks and marks K4, but i rolled another 2 :hmm: [/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Darren glances over at Khoros "Lets be finished with the vermin quickly!" He says, stabbing wildly at Khoros' oppenent before suddenly dashing to the side, sweeping his blade across both targets then drawing his shield.

[sblock=ooc]
Passing Attack. (1d20+8=12, 1d20+12=29, 1d8+6=13, 1d8+6=8) (Encounter power). fFirst target is K1(12 vs AC; 13 damage), *EDIT: Misses, so shift/second attack don't go off*.
Cleave (1d20+8=21, 1d8+6=8)
spend Action point and use it to Cleave(K1: 21 vs AC; 8 damage, if that hits, K2 also takes 4 damage.) then move action to shift to the right one square, and After my attacks, I draw my shield (I think it's the same as drawing a weapon(Minor)? It doesn't specify in the book.)
*K2 is still my mark, btw.*[/sblock]
[sblock=statblock]
HP: 29/29 AC: 17(19 w/shield) FORT: 16 REF: 11(13 w/shield) WILL: 12
Init: +1 Speed: 5
Powers Used: Passing Attack(Encounter)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads