Living 4th Edition Discussion Thread

Phoenix8008

First Post
Count me interested also, of course it'll come down to who gets to post first in the tavern thread showing interest. On the bright side, since 4E assumes a party of five in stead of a party of four like in 3E, the odds of getting in on an adventure improve a little when the tavern is crowded.

Halford

First Post
But that'd split up the boys from Bacarte, this is why I voted for multiple characters! Gah!

On a serious note I'd be delighted to have you all on board, though it seems a crying shame to split up the little group we've got forming in the tavern. I'm still crossing my fingers for a pirate adventure! I do worry about Hrav's goblinhood though, since the plot could have you defending foes that goblins typically disdain from, umm, goblinoids. Could you live with that RP wise if the party chose to do that?

Looking at the characters submitted so far over it looks like we have enough to fully staff three or four adventures, and with fairly nicely balanced groups at that.

How are we going to divvy things up? First come first served does not seem the best way, but everything else I can think of seems artificial.

As for the tavern my concern is that a recruiter enters reruits four PCs two from Daunton two from Bacarte, with the current mechanic the party must begin split which is unlikely to be desirable. I vote we simply reject the 1/2 hour limit for the moment, we can always reinstate it later citing destabalization of the portal or some such.

Last edited:

Dunamin

First Post
Anyone one to be a judge and/or character reviewer? Right now it looks like me, Graf, and covaithe (with covaithe on vacation for a few days). We could use some help!
I definitely sympathize, but after careful reading of what being a judge entails I'm pretty sure I currently don't have the time for it. I might enlist as character reviewer later, though, once I get a little more time on my hands.

garyh

First Post
But that'd split up the boys from Bacarte, this is why I voted for multiple characters! Gah!

I'd like multiple characters too, but it's something we'll revisit. We just don't have the staff right now, or the DM's, for additional characters.

On a serious note I'd be delighted to have you both on board, though it seems a crying shame to split up the little group we've got forming in the tavern. I'm still crossing my fingers for a pirate adventure! I do worry about Hrav's goblinhood though, since the plot could have you defending foes that goblins typically disdain from, umm, goblinoids. Could you live with that RP wise if the party chose to do that?

Hrav busts heads for whoever's paying him, and doesn't much care who's head he's busting. As he introduced himself, he's hired muscle. Surely he's done such work for Bacartan employers - gobs (or minotaurs ;) ) cross gobs, too.

Looking at the characters submitted so far over it looks like we have enough to fully staff three or four adventures, and with fairly nicely balanced groups at that.

Indeed. There are lots of characters being worked up now. I've gotten seven requests (including Hrav) for formal review at this point.

How are we going to divvy things up? First come first served does not seem the best way, but everything else I can think of seems artificial.

Well, if folks can wait to pick appropriate adventures for their character's, there's not a problem. rgladwell's Riar'lon (eladrin ranger / fey pact warlock), who I've reviewed, would seem to be a good fit for your adventure, for example.

As for the tavern my concern is that a recruiter enters reruits four PCs two from Daunton two from Bacarte, with the current mechanic the party must begin split which is unlikely to be desirable. I vote we simply reject the 1/2 hour limit for the moment, we can always reinstate it later citing destabalization of the portal or some such.

Not sure how other Bacartan's (or off-Daunton folks) are doing it, but I actually wrote into Hrav's backstory how and why he left Bacarte for Daunton.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
I definitely sympathize, but after careful reading of what being a judge entails I'm pretty sure I currently don't have the time for it. I might enlist as character reviewer later, though, once I get a little more time on my hands.

Hey, additional character reviewers would be a huge help if and when you can pitch in! We'd really appreciate it.

Atanatotatos

First Post

On a serious note I'd be delighted to have you both on board, though it seems a crying shame to split up the little group we've got forming in the tavern. I'm still crossing my fingers for a pirate adventure! I do worry about Hrav's goblinhood though, since the plot could have you defending foes that goblins typically disdain from, umm, goblinoids. Could you live with that RP wise if the party chose to do that?

By the way, what class is hrav? Warlord?
Anyway, i'm willing to wait for the next recruiter if the group feels good. Let's find two or three more comrades, we can think it over...
Alexander is from Bacarte, but he's currently in Daunton, so no portal problems...

Phoenix8008

First Post
As for recruiters, where does it say that they HAVE to pick the first ones to post interest. I thought that just kinda gave preference, but not a guarantee. The one recruiting would have final say on who they hire. So if the 'piratey' group wants to stick together, they could all go together or decide to wait depending on the adventure offered. I know my character is just looking for ANY purpose in life at this point, so nearly any adventure would be fine by her. But the recruiter should have final call on who they hire or for how long they hold the offer open before choosing as far as I'm concerned. If it's in the rules otherwise somewhere, I'd like to know so I can make plans for that when I get an adventure together eventually.

garyh

First Post
By the way, what class is hrav? Warlord?
Anyway, i'm willing to wait for the next recruiter if the group feels good. Let's find two or three more comrades, we can think it over...
Alexander is from Bacarte, but he's currently in Daunton, so no portal problems...

Hrav is a brutal rogue. I plan to multi into either fighter or warlord (18's in both Str and Dex is nice for being able to poach powers from Str classes), but for the moment I really wanted to start with my rapier (I love the mental image of my my big thug bugbear with a huge rapier), so I used my level 1 feat on that. :)

Right now, the Bacartan crew in the tavern is:

Hrav - Rogue
Brudd - Cleric
Alexander - Fighter

A wizard would be nice, but really, it's a great core group. I'm up for hooking up with the next couple Bacartans (or shady locals) and going on whatever appropriate adventure comes up.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases