• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interview with Mike Mearls

Rechan

Adventurer
I like how Mearls talks. He is really in the point, and doesn't go in tangents.

Also I think this directly addresses to the MMO and Gamist issues. At least, it satisfies me. I know it won't assuage those who have those issues, but.

Very nice, lots of interesting questions and answers.

I found the bit about campaign settings interesting - about how you need a strong theme and shouldn't feel forced to cover every possible topic and culture just to appeal to everyone. (I wonder a little bit if Mike thinks the same about game systems ;) ). I tend to agree - it appears to me as if the settings that were always highly acclaimed (Ravenloft, Dark Sun, Eberron, Midnight) seemed to have a very strong theme. If you like that theme, the setting is perfect, if you don't, you'll search for something else.

Caliber

Explorer
Does anyone know of a manner in which a transcript of this can be found/created for those of us podcasturally challenged?

Thanks! :)

darjr

I crit!
If you google podcast transcription services you'll find some for a few cents a minute.

I was sure that there was an automated free one used by the gizwiz twitt podcast but my google foo is broken.

Remove ads