Interview with Mike Mearls

Stalker0

Legend
While I enjoyed hearing Mearls discuss 4e, the interviewer was the worst ever. I will never listen to another "Theory's Form the Closet." I forget his name, but he seriously needs to work on being prepared for interviews... just dreadful.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought so.

Jhaelen

First Post
While I enjoyed hearing Mearls discuss 4e, the interviewer was the worst ever. I will never listen to another "Theory's Form the Closet." I forget his name, but he seriously needs to work on being prepared for interviews... just dreadful.
I think you'd dislike pretty much every interview if it wasn't edited.

I agree that listening to an edited interview is more convenient but I respect the interviewer's choice to give us the 'real thing'. I think it's such an interesting interview precisely because it isn't a staged one, like the once you get on WotC's web site.

Besides he already gave an explanation for his lack of preparation on this one.

VictorC

Explorer
I think you'd dislike pretty much every interview if it wasn't edited.

Maybe, but probably not as much as I disliked this one.

I agree that listening to an edited interview is more convenient but I respect the interviewer's choice to give us the 'real thing'. I think it's such an interesting interview precisely because it isn't a staged one, like the once you get on WotC's web site.

Ummmming and Uhhhhhhing is just as far from the 'real thing' as you can get. If lack of any sort of production value is a benefit in your opinion, I wager you find yourself in the minority.

Besides he already gave an explanation for his lack of preparation on this one.

His excuse was the perhaps saddest excuse I may have ever heard anybody give about anything. He couldn't have taken five or 10 minutes before hand and written his friends questions from the e-mail on index cards.

No, his explanation was hardly acceptable.

Toras

First Post
I am pretty certain that Mike is pretty much left me and mine in the dust. I could not articulate it more clearly than what he has said. He is my anti-designer to make it a quip. Angrys up the blood.

No offense to anyone who likes what he does, but gah.

Remove ads