Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Voda Vosa

First Post
Without raising his head, but acknowledging the fact that both Ts'iri and Soldier are both with him, Mri'Thas raise his finger. "Could any of you ask for something to drink?" and before his sentence was spoken, his hand collapses again.

Ozymandias79

First Post
Soldier reacts to the words from his friend and moves towards the bardisk then there he asks the bartender, "My friend, the sage Mri'thas, wants a drink, please?" and after the drink is served, he takes it and hurries enthusiasticly to the exhausted gith and places the tankard at the giths table and says happily, "here you have, sage!" to Mri'thas after which he returns to where he previously stood standing.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
An elderly gentleman carrying a staff enters the inn as well, "I am Callen Stewart, adventurer and scholar. Mri'Thas, Tsi'ri, Soldier, I see you all came straight here. I stopped to see my wife on the way in, nothing like a home cooked meal after so long in the wild."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Using his last energies, the gith pushes himself up, and takes the tankard weakly with his right hand "I thank you my friend, you are most diligent." the sage takes a long drink, and places the ale on the table again. "Refreshing. This reminds me, my dear construct, which element does your body requires to work? What's your source of power? I must admit I'm truly amazed by your nature. Enlighten me please" the now refreshing githyanki speakes quite a lot.

"Hail to you Callen Stewart.... What's a wife?" Mri'Thas asks, genuinely ignoring the meaning of the word.

Xer0

First Post
Solitaire looks over at Solon, smiling, but studying him for a moment, and taking a look at his brother, as well.

A fine day to you both! That's quite a pigsticker you have there, and I bet all that metal in your pack, she gestures accordingly, comes in pretty handy in a knife fight. Dangerous, attractive, and built like a farm hand -- I like it! And your depressing compatriot looks like he can probably handle himself, as well.
"Oh, it's not so hard, once you get the hang of it. Pointy end in the enemy, that sort of thing. And yes, my brother and I are more than capable in a fight, if needed." Solon takes another drink from his cup.

Erekose13

Explorer
"My wife is the person I've decided to spend my life with. Together we have built a family including our three sons." replies Callen.

DoublePayBack

First Post
Solitaire takes the offered chair, sits back, and takes another gulp from her bottle of whisky before setting it down on the table.

I'm afraid you have me pegged all wrong, good citizen. You might say I'm more of a student of the acquisitional arts, if you follow me. It's just that when the the adventures turn adventuresome, there's nothing like having some pyrotechnics on your side to help even the odds a little!

After listening to the bar room chatter for a while Galinndan notices that his ale has become a bit tepid. He gestures at the glass and frost begins to form on the sides. He then slightly raises his hand and the pint rises from the table, glides slowly through the air and rests in his open hand. Galinndan again looks at Solitaire and asks,
"If you do not mind me asking, would you be so kind as to tell me a bit about yourself and what has brought you to this establishment?"

Korthala

First Post
"Oh, it's not so hard, once you get the hang of it. Pointy end in the enemy, that sort of thing. And yes, my brother and I are more than capable in a fight, if needed." Solon takes another drink from his cup.

Oh, I know which end goes in the enemy, believe you me, but when you need to gain entry through a third story window, it's safer to rely on a good set of leathers and a lighter weapon. She gestures down to the simple scabbard of her short sword. Then again, I bet a big guy like you can just knock down the door if it's in his way. She smiles warmly.

Korthala

First Post
After listening to the bar room chatter for a while Galinndan notices that his ale has become a bit tepid. He gestures at the glass and frost begins to form on the sides. He then slightly raises his hand and the pint rises from the table, glides slowly through the air and rests in his open hand. Galinndan again looks at Solitaire and asks,
"If you do not mind me asking, would you be so kind as to tell me a bit about yourself and what has brought you to this establishment?"

Solitaire looks back over at Galinnden. Well, it's always a good day for an adventure, isn't it?

She grins for a moment as she thinks about what to say, then seems to shudder involuntarily for a moment, then snaps out of her reverie and grins again. Truth be told, I seem to have gotten on the bad side of a few unsavory characters around my old haunts, you know how that goes. I was thinking a change of scenery and hopefuly some coin to square things might be just what the doctor ordered.

A word of advice I can share with you though: no matter how foolproof your con is, never make an assassin your mark. It's bad business, and the coin just ain't worth it.

How about you, solid citizen? What brings a studious type like yourself out looking to fight the good fight? Love, or money?

Last edited:

Remove ads