New Discussion Thread

Dunamin

First Post
I swear I'll get around to catching up some time..I'm interested to see the next step for all you gith and what else is going on with Palindrome and his group :p
Well, nothing has been going on since before Christmas. Hope we don't have another DM-turnover... :.-(

Aww no other comments on my idea? My mental fountain stopped giving off prisms of frenetic color and has started leaking something dreadful and noxious...
I think its an interesting idea, though it might get a bit problematic consistency-wise. If you make it a "future meet and tell tales" concept, what happens if a PC dies in an adventure? Not that time continuity matters too much to me if we're all having fun, just thought I'd mention it.

Now, I'll just go back to mourning our inactive game...

covaithe

Explorer
Yeah, I'm getting a bit worried about Halford's absence, too. I hope it's just a temporary attack of real life -- he did mention an upcoming long distance move at some point -- and that he'll be back soon.

Don Incognito

First Post
The game in my head is beginning to shape up. The origional plotline involved a powerful archfey named Armond running the PCs through the gauntlet by forcing them into encounter after encounter for no particular reason. But it turned out to be too problematic to implement, so I scrapped it.

Instead, the current game is turning into something like Gangs of New York meets Japanese horror flick meets Caligula. I'm a huge China Mieville fan, and there's an idea he hooked into in Iron Council that I'm kind of stealing for one of the encounters. Hopefully, it will creep the living bejesus out of all those involved.

As I am currently away on a business trip without access to any of my source books, so the nitty-gritty of the ECL and treasure and specific monster abilities are still rather vague. I'll probably have it all sorted out by Sunday, whereupon I will submit it for approval.

Yay for more games!

Phoenix8008

First Post
Well first off happy holidays to all, hope everybody had a good one and that those hangovers are not too severe :D.

Hopefully I should be able to kickstart both my adventures tomorrow. My apologies for the delay fellas, Christmas craziness I am afraid.
That is Halford's last post I see here in the discussion thread on Jan 1st. His last post in the Ebon Mirror adventure was Dec 17th, and his last post in my Captain's Caper adventure was Dec 23rd. His last activity on the boards looks to have been on Jan 6th.

I'm not trying to rush anything and I hope fervently that he returns soon as well, but at what point to we look at the idea of the judge taking over his adventures? (Sorry garyh! :.-() A month after last activity or something else? I'm pretty much gonna have to write him out of my adventure shortly (with an easy way to bring him back in quickly when he shows up hopefully! I'm thinking divine induced coma to give him a vision or something currently.) until he returns. As for the Ebon Mirror adventure, I think we must be pretty close to the end as the bad guys we're fighting seem to remember our hiring NPC and know about the girl that we've come to rescue. So if it does have to be taken over, hopefully it wouldn't take too much longer to end. As for his other adventure, I don't know.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
Yep.

*sigh*

And we had just gotten to the 'getting ready to kill more people after selling stuff' part.

That's the best part of an adventure.

Hope Halford is okay. He didn't say anything about an absence, so the event must have been unexpected.

---

I reckon I'm gonna start a Fudge game over in the general PbP section, if anyone's interested. (Not D&D. I like to play it, but not to DM it. Too many rules!) Fudge is a quick start game and we can jump into weirdness immediately. Reckon I'll take about 4-6 players.

garyh

First Post
In the "good news" column, however, JRYoung, Velmont, Brain, Valthosian, Vlastos and I just wrapped up "The Necromancer's Skull," becoming the first completed L4W adventure!

Which is good timing, since I'm the Judge on Halford's two games...

KenHood

First Post
Cool!

If you do take over Closed Eye...

Halford was going to provide my character with a +6 Vorpal Wand of Wounding.

Oh, and a Magic Bag of Instant Gratification.

Last edited:

Remove ads