Tale Weaver's Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Board

Tale_Weaver

First Post
I'm kind of confused as to what is going on here. Are Clover and Ruby leaving the scene to call the police before Koln even lights the building on fire?

Tale_Weaver

First Post
The "Red Fear"

I found a pretty note on the "red fear" that explains it pretty well.
röt: German, "red" schreck: German, "fear" Rötschreck "The Red Fear" is a fear-based frenzy caused by a character failing a Will Save against an attack or sight of Fire or Sunlight. Characters under Rötschreck will hysterically flee from whatever caused the frenzy in the first place. Rötschreck can be caused by pain caused by fire, sunlight. The sight of these sources may also cause great fear on vampires. It is very similar to Frenzy though Rötschreck is a term especially given to state of fear against Fire or Sunlight which are one of the few source of injury that can destroy a vampire. In mythological speaking Vampires have been cursed not only by weakness to Flame but also cursed to fear from it. In Book of Nod Archangel Michael clearly states while cursing Caine that he and his children will fear the flame and it will hurt them deeply causing unbearable agony and pain.
A vampire under the spell of this Rötschreck is completely controlled by their inner beast instinctly driven to a flight-or-fight mentality and forced to flee blindly from the source of fear while they remove any obstacle or person in their way regardless of their personal attachments with them. Difficulty to resist Rötschreck varies depending on the source of the material.

Tale_Weaver

First Post
Now I just hope Clover and Ruby did what Koln said and are now heading to the dorm... Koln really is the brains of the group, no?

A malkavian the brains of the group...scary!

Anyway, I myself am totally clueless as to what Clover and Ruby are doing so Sarah or Aly please tell us what is going on or I am going to assume you go back to check on the building.

ladyphoenix

First Post
I have a question, muahahaha. Is it possible to drain an enemy vampire of blood to defeat it in a fight. I remember doing that in the vampire computer games. If that is so, is there still a blood bond?

Tale_Weaver

First Post
Diablerie

I have a question, muahahaha. Is it possible to drain an enemy vampire of blood to defeat it in a fight. I remember doing that in the vampire computer games. If that is so, is there still a blood bond?

There is a section about "diablerie" in the original rule book on page 213. In the later game "Vampire: Bloodlines" they wouldn't let you feed on another vampire because it's not so simple as you drain them and they die. It's actually a very evil act but it is the only way to lower your generation (if you are 12th generation and they are 10th you would become 10th generation from draining them). Also, many vampires look down on that sort of thing and it would give them even more of a reason to hunt you :p

Strider_Koln

First Post
While we're waiting to be attacked, I think now's a good time to place that anonymous call to the cops so, you know, Koln wouldn't have nearly killed himself for nothing.

Remove ads