PHB II class roster all but confirmed?

On the Character Builder Beta Feedback forum, one of WotC's employees put his character sheet up for people to see, which included brief descriptions of the rest of the party, which included characters who had Invoker and Avenger as their classes.

This tentatively makes the class roster:

Bard--Arcane Leader--Confirmed
Sorcerer--Arcane Controller--Role and presence all but confirmed
Invoker--Sounds like a Divine Controller
Avenger--Sounds like a Divine Striker
Barbarian--Primal Striker--Confirmed
Druid--Primal Controller?--Confirmed as present, but role?
Shaman--They've mentioned this class as a Primal Leader many times
Warder--Confirmed from Minotaur article, sounds like Primal Defender

fba827

Adventurer
That would be the first I heard of the Invoker or Avenger, but sounds like a reasonable source ;)

However, (back in the day) when we were given the starting letters for the classes we were given: the letters given match up to what you have above except the "A." We were given a "T" instead. Of course, that was months ago and the class names could have changed between then and now.

As for that last one, it's Warden (not Warder), I think...

Check out http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-4t...-info-upcoming-classes-races.html#post4175050 for the stuff compiled on the PHB2 classes so far.

Midnight Dawns

First Post
However, (back in the day) when we were given the starting letters for the classes we were given: the letters given match up to what you have above except the "A." We were given a "T" instead.
quote]

If it is still a "T" name and is for the divine slot maybe the name is something along the lines of "Templar" instead of "Avenger".

Invoker is possible.
I like Theurge btter for divine controller.

What if invoker is the Elemental controller from PH3?!?!
I don't like the name "Invoker" (especially as a divine class) because Primal powers are known as "Evocations".

Let's avoid try -- harder -- to avoid this kind of TSR-esque name confoundery.

My bets are Inquisitor and Theurge
These are my preference as well, although the topic of the thread claims that these are both incorrect.

EDIT: I'm looking in the Character Builder Beta Feedback forum, and though I've seen a few screenshots, I haven't found the screenshot which allegedly spoils this. Can you provide a link?

EDIT 2: I found it. Unlock the POWER of your character sheet! - Wizards Community. I still don't believe it, though.

Last edited:

I don't like the name "Invoker" (especially as a divine class) because Primal powers are known as "Evocations".

Let's avoid try -- harder -- to avoid this kind of TSR-esque name confoundery.
If they're going to change one of those, I would suggest evocation. It's a terrible name for what it's supposed to represent. And it's a drastic departure from how the term has been used in previous editions.

If they're going to change one of those, I would suggest evocation. It's a terrible name for what it's supposed to represent. And it's a drastic departure from how the term has been used in previous editions.
I can agree with this.

I'm also worried about this "Avenger". Now there's gonna be Avengers and Angelic Avengers?

Remove ads