PHB II class roster all but confirmed?

Hmm. I kind of like Avenger, as an homage to BECMI (Paladin=Lawful, Knight=Neutral, Avenger=Chaotic IIRC). But you're right about needing to avoid too-similar names.
I've got no experience with BECMI. Is that what the alignment system was like?

My D&D experience with the word "Avenger" is as a variant Druid. ("Druidic Avenger" variant class from 3.5E's Unearthed Arcana, and the "Avenger" Druid kit from 2E, IIRC, and I might not.) OTOH, I don't think it's actually been confirmed that there's more than one Divine class in PH2; we're just all expecting there to be. Perhaps "Avenger" is a Primal class? (Perhaps "Warden" is Divine, in return. Hmm...)

I've got no experience with BECMI. Is that what the alignment system was like?
Yep. IIRC when a fighter reached a certain level (9th?) he could elect to become one of a paladin, knight or avenger, depending on his alignment.

Only three alignments were used: Lawful (meaning good), Neutral and Chaotic (meaning bad).

Yep. IIRC when a fighter reached a certain level (9th?) he could elect to become one of a paladin, knight or avenger, depending on his alignment.

Only three alignments were used: Lawful (meaning good), Neutral and Chaotic (meaning bad).
Interesting. Between this and the grid, no wonder alignment arguments get so screwed up. lol

RandomCitizenX

First Post
Can you describe the class? What was it like? If you had to give it a power source, what would it have been?

I never played one, but from what I remember it was a sub-par fighter with d12 hd. You had a designated target of your vengence, and got bonuses when fighting enemies connected to that target.

Gonna have to see if I can dig up some more info

I never played one, but from what I remember it was a sub-par fighter with d12 hd. You had a designated target of your vengence, and got bonuses when fighting enemies connected to that target.

Gonna have to see if I can dig up some more info

I am away from my books, but if I remember it was a paliden stand in...since they were rare in that setting.

Remove ads