Icemist and Beyond: Characters from Small Beginnings

fett527

First Post
Ok, here's the deal. I'm on vacation next week and not really going anywhere, just working around the house. So, as long as the wife goes to bed before me I will be trying to post quite a few things to the Rogue's Gallery thread. Please stay tuned!

fett527

First Post
Character development

How bout a the animals of the house woke me up and haven't been able to go back to sleep post?

I would like to give an example of some more of the character development we did before the start of the game. The following is part of a handout I gave to Enk/Ander about Ashrem:

Appearance (basic):
-Jet black furred panther feloine
-5'9" 180 lbs.
-Slim build, not very muscular, but lithe.
-Green eyes that have a mostly human look until you get very close
-He keeps himself well-groomed
-Has three significant scars that run the length of his face from top right to bottom left that he received from [omitted].

Appearance and Attitudes (traveling/adventuring):
-Wears an adverturer's outfit with his cloak's hood drawn up and over his face
-Black leather armor with his short sword on his left hip, a dagger on the right hip, his crossbow in his hands and his backpack.
-If someone is encountered on the road he has a cloth mask to pull up over his face and tries to keep hidden if possible.

Appearances and Attitudes (Poor man/beggar disguise in Icemist):
-Appears to be a poor, dirty, hunchbacked cripple
-Ragged peasant's clothes and a ragged cloak pulled over his face
-Bandages cover his face, arms and legs enough to conceal his true race
-Carries a tall walking stick
-Stays as silent as possible only speaking when needed and when ordering something from the tavern.

Mannerisms and quirks:
-He will constantly and subconciously run his claws over the scars on his face whether it's covered or not.
-He has no sense of humor to speak of. He almost never lauighs or smiles. The only time he has done so recently was in the presence of Ander while idly reminiscing about his childhood.
-He favors meat at all meals and has a penchant for wine that he developed from [omitted]. (Lately he has come to actually like Lizon's ale though).

All for now. I will post more.

Enkhidu

Explorer
According to the Setting Proposal that kicked off the whole story hour to begin with, it world is called Ageal.

If you'd like, I'm sure Fett can crosspost the original submission. That or you can take a gander in Morrus' cache of setting proposals, I'm fairly sure its still there. It's also hidden in the story hour itself.

Have fun!

Enkhidu

Explorer
Combo-Bump!

Really, with the lull in the Small Beginnings Story Hour, it might be a good idea for readers to ask questions. Fett, D'Shai, and I will attempt to answer them in game terms as completely as we can without giving things away that will be covered in the main thread.

Anyway - if you want more info about mechanics in the main tread, fire away. That ought to keep you occupied until w post updated character sheets after Small Beginnings ends and the next thread begins.

Until then- have fun!

fett527

First Post
Wow

Didn't realize we'd dropped of the face of the (EN)World. We're still alive, but due to personal issues have been neglecting the Story Hour and Rogue's Gallery. I will make a concerted effort to work with dshai to get something together to post here. We're still gaming by the way and the campaign is more interesting than ever. I'll try and light a fire under Enk and dshai for the story hour as well. Throw a post in here if you're still reading this thread. Thanks!

Badger

First Post
Better believe I'm still here...you guys were the reason I hung around on the boards and now slowly sucked into PbP goodness...:)

Badger

Remove ads