layoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Caine

First Post
My condolences to the whole lot of them.

There's been a few comments about Randy Buehler. I never knew of him from any place but DDInsider. However I wanted to say that once he relaunched the DDI project with his weekly Wednesday columns, I felt a lot more confident about the direction DDI was going in.

I liked him, and I didn't have any baggage coming in with me when I made that assessment. The last few months of DDI have seemed better and stronger, and I was getting hopeful. I credit Randy Buehler for that, right or for wrong.

Getting laid off is hard on anybody. Most people take a job hoping to do well at it.

My best wishes to all of them during this time.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Major layoffs during the 3e era created some award-winning game companies: Green Ronin, Malhavoc Games, and quite a few more. I can only hope that layoffs during the 4e era do the same.

23 folks were laid off, I believe. Painful.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Major layoffs during the 3e era created some award-winning game companies: Green Ronin, Malhavoc Games, and quite a few more. I can only hope that layoffs during the 4e era do the same.
Indeed...I don't think we have seen the last of these brilliant designers.

The worst part is: they couldn't even wait until Friday afternoon to do it!

It's become fairly standard to do layoffs and firings mid-week.

I wish those affected by the recent layoff the best of luck and hope to once again see their names on products I enjoy.

joe b.

Knight Otu

First Post
:.-( Crap. My condolences to all those affected.

How many people does Wotc employ? I have no true idea but this seems like a big part of their staff regarding the image I have had.
Wizards is in this building, occupying two floors and part of a third. 23 is probably quite a bit, but I guess it isn't quite the blow you thought it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads