Star Wars: Republic and Empire (IC)

Shalimar

First Post
"If it comes to a fight, I'd rather have all of us launched and away then have some of us still trying to launch when the enemy fighters start attacking." Istara commented on the Squad channel. She tried to sink herself into a trance so that she could stop wasting energy being anxious, but trances were never really her thing.

"Vape, how are we doing...are we ready to launch? All system's go?

drothgery

First Post
"What do they want on this planet?" she wonders outloud.

[sblock=Knowledge(galactic lore) check - DC 25 for non-Jedi/20 for Jedi; Rosa succeeds!]
There was an incident involving some sort of Jedi artifact, the Miraluka who would become Darth Pauran, and a little-known man named Kyle Kattarn (sp?) on Ruusan shortly before Darth Pauran's rise to power. It ended with Kattarn dead, the artifact destroyed, and Darth Pauran abandoning whatever he had been after there.
[/sblock]

possum

First Post
[sblock]When you mentioned Miraluka Sith lord, the first name to pop in my head was Jerec. Looks like I may have been right.[/sblock]

Rosa notes her recollection and keeps it to herself for the moment. She'd make sure to ask the Jedi of the group about what type of "artifact" could possibly be on the planet and why, when she had the chance. For now, however, she intently watches for any further change in the potentially hostile situation.

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
It's probably worth noting that I haven't played the games or read the books where the Jerec / Kyle Kattarn / Valley of the Jedi storyline appears. I've just read some Wookieepedia articles. Things obviously played out differently here (Kyle died, Jerec lived, but the Valley was destroyed).
[/sblock]

"Enemy fighters coming into extreme sesnor range. I can't get a fix on the type yet, but they're dogfighters, not bombers." The sensor tech says.

OOC: They're ~80 squares at starship scale away. The enemy frigate (being somewhat easier to pick up on sensors) is ~100 squares away. Proton missile range is 50% greater than turbolaser range; point blank 0-6 sq/ short 7-15 sq/ medium 16-30 sq/ long 31-60 sq.

"Launch fighters." Commander Cyn orders.

Initiative:

Imperial Fighters - 23
Lt. Gellian (E1) - 21
Zenith (E3) - 19
Istara (E2) - 17
Other fighters (E4-E9) - 16
Bombers (P1-P3) - 10
Taelros (including Rosa, Storm, and Sarcia) - 8
Imperial Frigate - 6

OOC: The Imperial fighters completed their action, a full move in the direction of Taelros.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
"This is E2, 3 Green, Shields at full. Launching." Istara calls out, and then move her ship forward toward the closing enemy Squadron.

Instead of sprinting out ahead before the rest of the squadron could leave the Hangar, Istara weaves up and down, and corkscrews sacrificing speed for time for the rest of the Squadron to come together.

"Vape bring me up the Leading Fighter in my targeting computer...And tell me what we're looking at out here, what models of fighters?"

OOC:
Move Action: Move 6 spaces towards the enemy
Swift Action: Raise Shields
Standard Action: Total Defense (+10 to Reflex Defense > 29)

G

Guest 11456

Sarcia had mostly run battle drills with her engineering crew while they were in hyperspace so that all would be on their toes when battle was eminent. "Everyone! Battle stations! Stay alert! Report status!" Once all was ready she reported that engineering was ready for battle.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Storm will take one of missile stations himself and readies for them to get into range. "Inform me as we get targeting lock. Everyone, be ready to shoot at captain's command."

drothgery

First Post
Storm will take one of missile stations himself and readies for them to get into range. "Inform me as we get targeting lock. Everyone, be ready to shoot at captain's command."

OOC: You can choose to fire one weapon, or one weapon battery, using your modifiers; everything else will be fired as per a generic skilled crewman (unless another PC takes a hand). Also, it's your call if you want to break up weapon batteries to get more shots at a lower chance to hit.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Zenith grinned and felt a shiver of anticipation run up her spine as the whine of the engine cycled up and up, and the hull of the E-wing shook around her. She imagined it being eager to be let off its leash, like a kravjek with the scent of prey.

"This is E 3," she reported, "all systems check out and ready to launch."

The clearance confirmation flashed on the bottom corner of her HUD, and the Jedi pilot released the clamps and allowed the powerful fighter to roar out into space!

(Actions: Move out of ship towards enemy in formation with allied fighters. Shields up.)

possum

First Post
Rosa keeps a close eye on the holographic representation of the battle in front her, watching as the pilots on their frigate rush towards the oncoming TIES. "May the Force be with you," she says in a whispered prayer.

Remove ads