The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew

ukingsken

First Post
Vashik finishes with his grisly task, draws himself a flagon of ale and sits down at a table, Hoofchews head resting next to him and serving as an arm rest.

Nothing beats dwarven ale. As for the trinket you can decide amongst you who keeps it, I myself have no interest. We should not linger long though, I doubt Lauto has much more patience with tasks then he does with debts.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: for what it's worth, I don't have anything else planned to do here. I'm just waiting for you guys to decide who gets the necklace and go back to the temple. Not meaning to rush you, just letting you know the ball's in your court.

Brutoni

First Post
Merenwen mulls over the amulet while systematically searching the bodies others haven't looked through, ensuring to keep an eye on the surroundings and the loot. Se doubted cultists would want to be robbed, even in death. Particulalry higher ranking orcs, though she starts with the sniper. Given her affliction with ranged combat she hoped he had something useful, even if it was just arrows to replenish her stock with. "I certainly do not whish this to become a problem with the group that i have no fought alongside. It would seem to me that the idea of a lottery is the only fair way to do this whole thing." Merenwen turned to the Dwarves as she spoke her next words. "Your gift is most welcomed and we thank you indeed, as is your offer for a drink. Fighting does parch the throught i find!" Merenwen moved to the bar once she had finished searching the bodies, looking most likely in vain for something besides wine... If they only had ale then that is what she would drink, she would not look down upon the offer of an creatures hospitality. The sharing of the den's bounty was not to be treated with disdain.

[sblock=ooc]
Merenwen will conduct a search of the bodies, i'll roll a perception check as well if needs be to try and notice something small.
On another note guys, i believe that a lottery is the only really fair way to do this? We call a number and Covaithe rolls the dice for us?

Dice roll to notice anything out of the ordinary with the bodies or the loot or anything.
1d20+10[16,10] = (26)
Roll Lookup for link
[/sblock]

[sblock=edit]
lol posted at same time Covaithe, i won't edit it though. Doubt it will do any harm. Sorry lol.
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"I agree a lottery seems the best way to handle the situation. Sir Dwarf if you could pour me a drink before we head back to the temple I shall be most grateful."

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: I agree with the lottery idea

How about this idea

Let Covaithe make a roll to decide the owner of the amulet. The number is assigned to each member of the group based on their initiative order in the battle. Here's the order.

1. Merenwin
2. Les
3. Kilbeth
4. Raiyek
5. Balth
6. Larinza
7. Kruk
8. Cross

Vashik is not in the mix because he said he didn't want it.

Covaithe rolls a 1D8 and posts the link. The amulet goes to the winning number. Let's do this and get it over with so that we can go back to the temple and collect our reward. I believe many of us want return to the inn with the intent of looking for more work.

For the record. I thought this adventure was great and that the GM did a wonderful job.

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Lottery]No offense to LRC, but I think Kilbeth should be taken out of the roll for the necklace, since he already got a magic sword. IC can roll a d7, so it's not a problem on the technical side. If everyone else disagrees strongly that's fine, it's just my opinion, in the interest of fairness.
I agree that Cov doing the roll would be best.

And yes, thanks Covaithe and the rest of you! It was much fun, and I look forward to playing with you all again (though probably not at all the same time ;)).[/sblock]
Raiyek takes one of the ales offered by Kargyll with a gracious nod of his head and a smile. "May Palladys watch over you all your days."

He enjoys the company of his fellows and the dwarves for a while, then gets back to business. "Well, shall we do this lottery and then return to the temple? Lauto's priests would probably appreciate punctuality."

LightRailCoyote

First Post
Kilbeth pipes up, his reverie broken. "I have no claim to that amulet. May Lauto forgive the wretched soul of its former owner." He then turns away, waiting outside for his companions so he could claim his reward.

Brutoni

First Post
Merenwen watches as the amulet of health is passed to one of the other team members, she smiles at him. "Well you have no excuse to not be the one who takes hits now!" Her tone is definately jesting and though the disapointment is evedient in her face she is also aware that this was the only clean way to do things. Draining her mug of ale she murmers a thanks to the Dwarf before looking at the others. "Shall we get going and return news to our employer?"

[sblock=occ]
Covaithe where there any arrows in the snipers body that i could use to replace the ones i lost? Don't suppose you know how many i lost either do you?? Forgot to count and i'm dreading having to go back through and count again :p.
[/sblock]

Remove ads