Scales of War Part 02 - Siege of Bordrin's Watch Battle Maps

My god, these are simply amazing, I'm running Bordrin's Watch right now, as well as the rest of the Scales of War and I can't wait to use these maps next session. Thank you so much Nick I really appreciate this. I truly hope you can keep this up for the rest of them. You should do this for a living, you have an incredible knack for it.

skreekc

First Post
Map 02 Page Size

First nickverto, thanks for the great work on these maps. I've been able to print out most of the first areas the following way.

I use borderless printing on 8.5"x11" stock. Usually these have some minor alignment issues, but nothing overly noticable to the players that it affects the game.

Then I glue the pieces to foam board, and cut them out so they can be setup like dungeon tiles.

However, i'm kind of stuck with Map 02. This seems to be the only PDF that has a paper size not 8.5x11. IT actually is 11.69x8.26. Its extremelly minimal increase, but this is causing all my maps for this print to not align at all (pretty much unusuable when I lay them out). Do you have a version that has each image at a size of 8.5x11?

Thanks alot!

Travis

nickverto

Explorer
Sorry about Map02. I thought I had fixed that one. It was still in the A4 format. I put up a version in standard 8.5x11 letter format but it has some rendering issues with the pews on the floor. I have tried a couple of time to fix the issue but it takes forever to make a change and wait 20 minutes for it to render to PDF. So Map02 is not perfect but is still totally usable. Just don't expect the pews to line up completely.

Silver Circle

First Post
Thank you nick

Hey, came across this site by pure chance, im due to start Bordrins watch tomorrow, having a whole day's session to kick it off, and i just wanted to say a huge thank you for these maps...

Printing them off as we speak and sticking them togther and they look fantastic and will be great asset.

Thank you Nick for all your hard work... Just seen u done part 3 umbra forge too.... Great.

Will u be continuing to the other parts as well? notice how crazy the maps get later on and drawing them out on a battle as i used to do will be ny on impossible...

Thank you my friend, from a fan in the UK.

SC

kutulu

First Post
Here are some single-image copies of the first four maps, the rest I have to re-align and flatten so they'll take a bit longer. Since I still had the layered version of #4 I also exported one without the background layer, just the stairs.

--K

edit: and here's the last two maps.

Attachments

• Bordrins_Watch_Chapel.jpg
    Bordrins_Watch_Chapel.jpg
    667.9 KB · Views: 454
  • Bordrins_Watch_Courtyard.jpg
    Bordrins_Watch_Courtyard.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 450
  • Bordrins_Watch_Monestary.jpg
    Bordrins_Watch_Monestary.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 471
  • Bordrins_Watch_Stairs_Full.jpg
    Bordrins_Watch_Stairs_Full.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 356
  • Bordrins_Watch_Stairs_Only.jpg
    Bordrins_Watch_Stairs_Only.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 342
  • Bordrins_Watch_Vents.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 571
  • Bordins_Watch_Forges.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 573
Last edited:

mr0bunghole

First Post
thank you

"THANK YOU!" goes out to Nick for his work.

Also, to Kutulu for the conversions.

I've been using these maps with the Map Tools virtual tabletop, and the players have enjoyed them a lot.

Thanks to you both!

Sporemine

First Post
Good work. I'm going to assume these were made in photoshop.

I'm just starting photoshop work and am wondering, where did you get the chests, beds, bodies and other furnishings.

Kudos

-Sporemine

FdL

First Post
These maps are awesome! I'd really want to use them with my MapTools game, if it wasn't for the fact that the file I'm working on already has maps, changing them could be a lot of work.
Also, there's the problem with the nexus area that I would have to put together from the detailed zone maps.

I would love if there was a full size image of the whole assembled Nexus that I could use as a single map.

Remove ads