[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Voadam

Legend
Kordunn Asteroth - gold dwarf

"For such a distance we must simply boldly approach to investigate. I can cloak our movements in invisibility as I did when we rescued the hostages, but that magic would only last a few minutes. Do you think these burial mounds? Or burrows, perhaps." The latter is more directed towards the halfling dirge speaker.

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance -- Fighter|Wizard and Peabody

"Watever the case, I think we can at least agree that these 'mounds' do not appear to be the work of nature. I wish we could see them from above to see whether the pattern of mounds is intended to convey some symbol or other message."

Peabody simply licks his eyeball again and flicks his tail from side to side.

OOC: From his current perspective, can Emagor discern any such symbolic pattern from the arrangement of mounds?

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

"If there is someone atop the mounds standing watch, they've already seen us. If we are going to investigate, stealth at this point seems useless. Might as well ride up boldly."

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance -- Fighter|Wizard and Peabody

Unused to doing anything 'boldly,' Emagor says, "You fellows lead, and I'll give it my best shot."

Thanee

First Post
As the adventurers stride closer, some more boldly, some less so, they notice, that there are entrances into the mounds. They cannot make out any creatures, however, or guards, or anything else, for that matter.

Once they reach the location, they can now estimate the height of the mounds to a good fifteen feet, give or take. The mounds are made of earth and dirt, the interiors are crudely excavated and contain mostly debris and scattered bones (some large enough to be human), and there is a five-foot-wide hole leading down in each of them.

Voadam

Legend
Kordunn considers the mounds thoughtfully "Anybody see any tracks? I don't see smoke coming out of the mounds that would indicate a cook fire."

renau1g

First Post
Storm looks around for any tracks that he can see, or whether he can recall if this is some sort of natural creature's dwelling. The human also strains his ears for any sounds coming from inside.

[sblock=OOC]
Spot = +12
Listen = +12
Know (Nature) = +6
[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
[SBLOCK=Storm]You find several tracks of creatures in the vincinity of the mounds, especially near the entrances. Your best guess is, that they are some kind of large (about human-sized) insects. You cannot discern any numbers or their species, however. But you are quite sure, that there must be more than just a few of them around.

No sounds can be heard from inside the dwellings.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads