[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
There doesn't seem to be more than was seen on first glance. Just debris, bones, and a hole leading down to some kind of underground dwelling most likely.

Voadam

Legend
"Hmm. Underground dwellings of something barbaric or at least unclean if they use their exit tunnels as middens. Probably something that cannot abide the light of day. I expect they might pour up from below once night fully falls, and there could be hordes of them. I did not see any signs that the poison originated here. I believe this will not prove useful to our purpose and we would do better to leave off now."

renau1g

First Post
"Aye, unnecessary conflicts would only drain our strength for the true threat, those who poison the river" Storm replies, beginning to back away from the mounds, not turning his back on them either.

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance -- Fighter|Wizard and Peabody

Emagor just shrugs and follows along. "No, Peabody, I don't know what we're doing around here, either. Just relax and enjoy the ride. I imagine that it will get entirely too interesting entirely too soon."

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

"Agreed, we should bypass this foul lair and save our strength for less tangential matters. We should however remain aware that a danger exists here on the return trip."

He turns his mount away. "Let's keep moving."

Thanee

First Post
The adventurers proceed on their journey northwards a few hours, even though it falls dark in the meantime, to get some distance between them and these mounds, in order to avoid conflict with whatever has made their home there.

They make camp a good distance away from the river, which still reeks of poison up here, and set up alternating watches.

Not much seems to be out here in the grasslands, and so the night goes by without incident.

Remove ads