[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
Even as the adventurers move closer, an entrance does not become visible for now, what is apparent, however, is movement in the poisoned water of the small lake. What abominations might actually live there? Surely it must be some guard creatures, magically controlled like the giant frog of Thorn Island (which is the island, Sokol Keep stands on).

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

"Gods! What lives in poison?" Eldwyn readies his sling in a slightly trembling hand. "Let's move in and see what it could be."

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance -- Fighter|Wizard and Peabody

Quaking with fear and dread, Emagor moves to follow the intrepid Eldwyn.

"There, there, Peabody, no need to fear when we have such powerful friends," he says, more to remind himself than to encourage Peabody.

Thanee

First Post
The adventurers slowly move closer, and on their approach, they identify about a dozen creatures in the small lake, most of them humanoids of sorts, some small and some medium-sized. A few of them have obviously noticed the small party already, as they swim closer to the edge of the lake now that their direction is apparent. A bit further in, one of those giant frogs can also be seen, hiding in the water and apparantly waiting for a victim to come close enough to snatch it.

Leif

Adventurer

"Shall we keep our distance from the water? The 'welcoming committee' doesn't look like a group that I would care to know any more intimately than I do now!"

renau1g

First Post
"I have no problem with staying back here and peppering them with arrows, if they are truly our foes" Storm says, looking at the frog to gauge its threat level

[sblock=ooc]
Know (Nature) +6
[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
Kordunn frowns at the site of the frog but peers closer at the humanoids, trying to make out any more distinct features. "Lizardfolk? Bullywugs? Kuo Toa? I can't quite tell from here."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sir Dryw moves to put himself between the lake the party. He peers intently at the giant frog, making croaking noises deep in his throat as he moves. At the same time, he tightens his grip on his shillelagh and makes sure his shield and wand are ready.

[sblock=Dice Rolls]
Knowledge (nature) and Wild Empathy: 1d20+8=25, 1d20+3=18. Knowledge check to determine any froggie traits. If Sir Dryw thinks he has time and can get within 30 feet of the giant frog, he uses wild empathy to try to adjust its attitude.

BTW, are we on horseback?
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

Emagor prepares to cast Color Spray when the creatures come within range (15 feet), and will move so that he can catch as many of them as possible in the spell's area. (OOC: Spell description says cone-shaped burst 15 feet long, but doesn't say how wide that I can tell.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases