[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance and Peabody

"Methinks bidness is fixin' ta pick up! Sounds like something is in need of a pedicure, too."

"Eeeep," adds Peabody, as if anyone is listening to him.

Thanee

First Post
As the adventurers wait and listen, the claw sound slowly grows weaker. Fading as there is more and more distance between them and whatever is making the sound.

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

The Halfling let's out an unconscious breath he'd been holding. He motions the group forward, not yet daring to speak.

G

Guest 11456

Grynth and Screech

Grynth moves to cover the rear flank as the group moves further into the unknown. Screech sits on the large orc's right shoulder alert for what may come.

Thanee

First Post
The trio moves on, following the twisted corridors that could only come from an even more twisted mind, that must have created this labyrinth, stopping with their breath held whenever they hear a sound. Eldwyn's everburning torch provides them with the light necessary to see. Once of twice they run into a dead end, and after a while they have totally lost their sense of time or direction.

Eventually, another sound makes them stop again... this time, however, there are hushed voices to be heard.

* * * * *​

Meanwhile...

It has been a few days since they arrived in New Phlan. The three adventurers had scanned the available missions on the Council Hall, looking for something suitable. They didn't know each other very well, having met here in the civilized portion of the city. All of them had come to Phlan for very different reasons, only known to them. But all of them had something in common, they were here to help retake the city, and it seemed like quite a daring task, so they joined forces, in order to help each other out.

For their first mission, they decided on something simple. Follow the river to the north, and find the source of its poisoning. That sounded like easy money. What could go wrong?

After a fairly boring journey along the old river, whose waters were a darkish green from the acid and poison that saturated them, they found an island and a mysterious pyramid on it, which spilled dark fluids from its top, and which quite clearly contained the source of what they were seeking. The professor, a somewhat eccentric gnomish researcher, was very keen on exploring this strange building. Near the riverbank, they found traces of a combat, that must have happened not too long ago. Apparantly, someone else was here already. The most reasonable course of action was to find them and hope they were on the same side.

They crossed the river with a makeshift raft, only to find another such construction on the island. Eliath, the elf, noticed something strange on one of the otherwise completely smooth surfaces of the pyramid and with the help of Earmy, a human adventurer, a secret door was revealed and finally opened.

Holding the torch, in order to allow his two fellow adventurers to keep their hands free, just in case, the Professor led them inside and along a long-stretched corridor towards a small room with a pillar in the center.

When they moved past the pillar, their surroundings suddenly changed... and the Professor was gone, and with him the light.

Standing in the darkness, Earmy and Eliath wonder what to do next, whispering to each other, in order to figure out what to do now.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Earmy at first panics, as he did not memorize a light cantrip, the remembered the more mundae items: lanturn and oil.

"Eliath, I might have a solution here. One moment . . . no, that is acid . . . Ah. One lanturn." He puts the lanturn between his feet, so as to find it better in the dark, "Tinder twigs, and this is the oil. "

After searching in the dark for a full two minutes in his backpack, he finds what he is looking for, "Will you light this and hold it for me? I need to poor oil into the lanturn and then we can light it."

Thanee

First Post
Eliath, despite his elven eyes, was equally unable to see in this darkness, so he had stretched his arms out to get a feel for the surroundings, quite literally. There were walls, and he had his back rested against one of them for now.

He recalls having put flint and steel into his backpack, but not a lantern or a torch. However, he had something better than that. A sunrod! He would have to put one of those into his belt, once they could see. Just in case.

“I also have a light source with me, but we will go with your lantern for now. Ok, this? Yes, of course. Tell me, when you are ready.”

He then takes a step to the side and uses flint and steel to produce some sparks.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"hey! that's my finger. i am quite attached to that. this. a tinder twig. Just strike it on the wall to light it."

Remove ads