Converting Planescape monsters

Cleon

Legend
Well, here's something rough:

Oceanus Jaunt (Su): A delphon moves freely through Oceanus and the planes it touches. A delphon can shift from Oceanus to any adjoining plane as part of any move action, and shift back again as a free action; this ability functions otherwise as the ethereal jaunt spell (caster level 15). In addition, a delphon can teleport within Oceanus, as dimension door (caster level 15th), as a swift action. The ability affects only the delphon, which never appears within a solid object and can act immediately after teleporting.

The original delphon can teleport away from an attack 25% of the time, so I'd give it blink as well.

Apart from that the basics looks fine, although I'd like tidy up the language a bit:

Revising...

Oceanus Jaunt (Su):
A delphon moves freely through Oceanus and the planes it touches. A delphon can shift from Oceanus to any adjoining plane as part of any move action, and shift back again as a free action; this ability is otherwise identical with the ethereal jaunt spell (caster level 15). In addition, a delphon can teleport at will between points within Oceanus, allowing it to use dimension door as a swift action (caster level 15th) and blink as the spell (caster level 15th, it can evoke or end the blink effect as a free action). Oceanus jaunt affects only the delphon, which never appears within a solid object and can act immediately after jaunting.

Cleon

Legend
Looks like you guys cross-posted. So let's say that part's done. What's next?

Updating.

Did we decide to keep a shark's keen scent or not?

Failing that, I think we need to redo the skills and feats (with some racial bonuses) and set a CR, Advancement and weight.

Oh, and try to mention a "chorus of songsharks" somewhere. :)

Then it's just the flavour left.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'm happy with keen scent.

We should really work in Knowledge (the planes), probably maxed out. I'm not thinking of great feats, but we do need to change them up.

Cleon

Legend
I'm happy with keen scent.

We should really work in Knowledge (the planes), probably maxed out. I'm not thinking of great feats, but we do need to change them up.

I was thinking we can get away with a stonking bonus to Knowledge (the planes). Say, +8 racial plus a +10 bonus (equal to their Song) if not higher. That's a +19 modifier. I don't mind tossing on a maxed-skill of 8 ranks to make it +27. Hmm, I might make it a +15 Song bonus, since the delphon's the source of the Song, which works out +24 (no ranks) or +32 (maxed out).

Oh, and I think we should make the Song's Knowledge (the planes) bonus an Insight bonus rather than untyped. We should also note that a delphon always gets an Insight bonus to Knowledge (the planes) due to its song (or that of another delphon?).

8 ranks each in Listen and Spot, for a +10 modifier? Probably add a racial bonus to Listen.

+8 racial bonus in Perform (sing), for a +11 total?

Maybe shift some ranks from Knowledge (the planes) to Perform (sing)?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I was thinking we can get away with a stonking bonus to Knowledge (the planes). Say, +8 racial plus a +10 bonus (equal to their Song) if not higher. That's a +19 modifier. I don't mind tossing on a maxed-skill of 8 ranks to make it +27. Hmm, I might make it a +15 Song bonus, since the delphon's the source of the Song, which works out +24 (no ranks) or +32 (maxed out).

Oh, and I think we should make the Song's Knowledge (the planes) bonus an Insight bonus rather than untyped. We should also note that a delphon always gets an Insight bonus to Knowledge (the planes) due to its song (or that of another delphon?).

8 ranks each in Listen and Spot, for a +10 modifier? Probably add a racial bonus to Listen.

+8 racial bonus in Perform (sing), for a +11 total?

Maybe shift some ranks from Knowledge (the planes) to Perform (sing)?

Agreed to all that, plus keen scent.

Remove ads