Converting Planescape monsters

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Fleet of Foot has Run as a prereq, so you can't just give them FoF without ditching both of the shark feats.

The point is that they're very social with each other, so the ranks and the social feat are for their internal interactions. It's entirely justified to spend a feat on flavor, I think.

But if we can't agree on this, what about something very different? Open Minded, maybe? It would give us a few more ranks we could split between social and combat-oriented skills if we like.

BTW, the working draft is missing the alignment line, I think.

Cleon

Legend
Fleet of Foot has Run as a prereq, so you can't just give them FoF without ditching both of the shark feats.

The point is that they're very social with each other, so the ranks and the social feat are for their internal interactions. It's entirely justified to spend a feat on flavor, I think.

There are plenty of social creatures in 3E, and not that many of them have Negotiator or ranks in social skills to "justify" them living in groups.

Besides, if they're very friendly and gregarious to each other they have less reason to need those skills, since they're not trying to trick or persuade each other, they just help each other (while singing!).

Porpoises and Kobolds aren't listed with social skills, it's creatures that are seeking to deceive each other that need Bluff and Diplomacy...

But if we can't agree on this, what about something very different? Open Minded, maybe? It would give us a few more ranks we could split between social and combat-oriented skills if we like.

Could give them Open-Minded plus 5 ranks in Tumble, I suppose, but they still don't need any more social skills. :p

BTW, the working draft is missing the alignment line, I think.

That's because the stat-block was originally the SRD Medium Shark, which didn't have an alignment line.

I'm going to get around to adding an Alignment eventually.

freyar

Quiet in here, isn't it?
You seemed to cross post there.

Ok, we all seem to agree on Open-Minded. Now we just need to wrangle on the extra ranks. :p How about 3 in Tumble and 2 in Diplomacy? Can we all live with that?

Cleon

Legend
You seemed to cross post there.

Ok, we all seem to agree on Open-Minded. Now we just need to wrangle on the extra ranks. :p How about 3 in Tumble and 2 in Diplomacy? Can we all live with that?

I still don't like Diplomacy. If you insist on not putting it all in Tumble I'd rather have the rest in, say, Perform, or even Gather Information.

freyar

I'd be ok with Perform. I think the point of Diplomacy, though, is that they like to debate amongst themselves, and Diplomacy would be helpful for that.

Remove ads