The Lion's 2nd Face[Covaithe judging]

Knight Otu

First Post
Tenebrynn tries to remember descriptions or tales of any gigantic snakes in the area.

Ashnar also searches her memory.

[sblock=Knowledge Skills]Knowledge (arcana) +18
Knowledge (dungeon) +9
Knowledge (geography) +9
Knowledge (history) +9
Knowledge (nature) +9
Knowledge (nobility) +9
Knowledge (the planes) +14
Knowledge (psionics) +7
Knowledge (religion) +14
[/sblock]

Heckler

First Post
[sblock=Ashnar & Tenebryn]KO, you can read Tenebryn's sblock above.

With your guys' Knowledge skills I'd like to give you more, but I just don't think have enough info to work with at this time.[/sblock]

SlagMortar

First Post
"Well, you guys have been thinking awhile. Let's go in for a look ourselves. If it is a dragon or such, Mongrel has give me protection from energies, but has not told me which should be pursued in this case."

Knight Otu

First Post
"Well, you guys have been thinking awhile. Let's go in for a look ourselves. If it is a dragon or such, Mongrel has give me protection from energies, but has not told me which should be pursued in this case."

"And for naught in my case. I don't recall anything specific, and there all too many creatures that could fit. It might be the replacement for the hydra Rilithorne has mentioned." Ashnar looks displeased.

Failures, again. she thinks. Ever since we entered that tower.

Heckler

First Post
Continuing down the hillside, the party stops when they are about 100' away from the entrance and see movement inside. A huge scaly dull-blue creature slithers out of the hole. Once clear of the overhang, he switches to walking on his dozen clawed feet. "I wasn't told to expect anyone, so you must be breakfast!" As he speaks, four troglodytes climb out of the hole and flank him, two to each side. Behind them, you can see several more trogs peeking over the edge of the depression, watching.

Kn:Arcane(19)[sblock]This creature is a behir. Despite appearances, it is not any kind of dragon. Actually, Behirs and Dragons do not get along. Behirs are known to have a lightning-based breath weapon, and have also been known to swallow their prey whole.[/sblock]

At your level, I'll assume you are all aware of what trogs are capable of. These four are armed with javelins and stone axes. They are also adorned with pieces of the Behir's scales, which are more decorative than functional.

Initiative
Charlarn 19 <---you're up
Behir 18
Ashnar 17
Tenebryn 11(broke tie)
Hogarth 11
Planus 9(broke tie)
Rinaldo 9
Trogs(1-4) 7

ooc: I apologize for the delay, I've been trying to teach myself how to make a map, without much success. I'm not terribly savvy about these kinds of things, but if someone knows a quick and easy way for me to make one let me know, otherwise we'll just have to go off my description.

Currently, the Behir is 80' away from the group. He takes up a 15' square and has reach. The trogs flank him, two to a side, 10' apart. Lacking a marching order, I have you guys in a loose group.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 7/ranger 2

Charlarn says to the group, I'm asking the Searcher for her protection. Stay close to me." He chants, Lady Phyrah, please grant me and those around me your protection." He then moves forward 20 ft.

AC 23, 24 vs. behir
HP 56
magic circle against evil in effect.

OOC:
Casts magic circle against evil. (+2 deflection bonus to AC and +2 resistance bonus to saves for him and allies with 10 feet.; duration 70 min.) Applies his Dodge AC bonus against the behir.

Cleric Spells Prepared (6/5+1/4+1/3+1/2+1: save DC 14 + level):
0-create water (2), detect magic (2), guidance, mending;
1-bless, divine favor, entropic shield (2), remove fear, sanctuary*;
2-hold person, make whole, status, shield other*, summon monster II;
3-dispel magic, fly*, magic circle against evil, magic vestment;
4-dimension door*, dimensional anchor, divine power
*Domain spell.

Heckler

First Post
Behir fight rnd 1

Charlarn casts Magic Circle Against Evil and steps forward.

The Behir charges Charlarn, biting down on the cleric(attack=35, damage 19). He then attempts to coil himself around Charlarn. (I need an opposed grapple check from Charlarn. Behir's=27)

Initiative
Charlarn 19 (19 damage, mcae, possibly grappled)
Behir 18
Ashnar 17 <--you're up
Tenebryn 11(broke tie)
Hogarth 11
Planus 9(broke tie)
Rinaldo 9
Trogs(1-4) 7

ooc: The Behir has advanced 55'. The rest of the party is 25'-30' away.

Knight Otu

First Post
[Sblock=Ashnar's spells prepared and so on]

Wand of scorching ray, CL 3 (37/50)

Spells prepared (Save DC 16 + spell level, or 17+ spell level for Evo/Nec spells; 4+1/6+1/5+1/4+1/3+1):
Link to Ashnar's custom spells
0 - Acid splash, detect magic, flare*|x3;
1st - Ashnar's markx2, Ashnar's sparkstrike*|, mage armor, magic missile*, ray of enfeeblement§, shocking grasp*;
2nd - Ashnar's athleticate augmentation, Ashnar's fiery shackles x2, Ashnar's l. pyromagical enhancement, protection from arrows, scorching ray*|;
3rd - Ashnar's shield swarm, fireball*|, dispel magic, lightning bolt*, protection from energy
4th - Dimension door, mnemonic enhancer, wall of fire*|, wall of ice*
Spells cast into necromantic nexus (see character sheet)
0 - disrupt undead§
1st - cause fear§
2nd - false life§
3rd - ray of exhaustion§
Spell cast into arcane storage amulet (see character sheet): false life§

* Evocation spell
§ Necromancy spell
| Bonus spell slot; for Evocation spells only
[/sblock]
"Don't cluster."
Ashnar handles a set of manacles and focuses a spell through them, hoping to ensnare the behir in fiery shackles (Reflex DC 18 negates). Whether she succeeds or not, she takes a few steps away so that she doesn't easily line up with the behir and any of her companions. If the spell succeeds, she takes a quick glance on how it looks in persona, being the first time it is being cast in a combat situation.

Heckler

First Post
Ashnar's firey shackles are quite impressive looking at first, as they try to capture all twelve of the behir's legs, but he manages to nimbly sidestep the effect (REF=22).

Initiative
Charlarn 19 (19 damage, mcae, possibly grappled)
Behir 18
Ashnar 17
Tenebryn 11(broke tie) <--you're up
Hogarth 11
Planus 9(broke tie)
Rinaldo 9
Trogs(1-4) 7

ooc: Neat spell, KO. How do you figure it works against creatures that don't require their limbs to move (like the behir)? I assume it doesn't work against legless creatures.

Remove ads