Adventure: Echoes of O

Don Incognito

First Post
7 Rabbit's magic misses the gnoll, leaving a smoking hole in the wall beside where it is standing. The creature is momentarily frozen in horror as it watches Ash slink behind his companion and slit its throat. Blood pours from the wound as the gnoll falls, gurgling and yelping. The gnoll shakes his head, and flees outside (Rabbit misses, Ash hits, Gnoll dies, other Gnoll runs away).

Kruk tries to get up, but do to a combination of exhaustion, the weight of his armor, and the poison coursing thorugh his veins, he slips into unconsciousness (Kruk takes 5 poison damage at the start of his turn, putting him at -1. I'll need 2 saving throws; one to stop the ongoing damage, the other for dying).

Marley turns his head and hisses menacingly at Ash, then drops the charred corpse of the tiefling wizard and turns to face the party. His wings of blue fire return, and he gives the party a look of pure hatred before rocketing upward, crashing through the ceiling of the warehouse and upward into the sky beyond (Marley's gone. Burodorub is quite, quite dead).

With its master finally dead, the flesh thing dissolves into powder.

Initiative:
Sessadore (6/27): 22<<Your Turn!
Dawn Raven (16/24): 19
Spear Gnoll J7 (dead): 18
JNC (4/30, marked by J7): 17
Club Gnoll D10 (Dead): 17
Pierce (19/24, 6thp): 16
Spear Gnoll D7 (Dead): 13
Club Gnoll (outside): 13
Dimsdale (-1/31, 5 ongoing poison damage, dying): 3

[sblock=OOC]We're still in combat as long as Kruk has ongoing damage. Good job, guys![/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk collapses due to the force of the gnoll's blow. Dazed and confused, Kruk can't believe that he'd been knocked off his feet. No one has ever done that to him before. Just then, Kruk hears a horrific scream coming from the gnoll who had just hit him. With all of his remaining strength, the effects of physical and poison damage really taking over now, Kruk looks up to see Ash standing over the now dying gnoll. Kruk smiles at the rogue and states "good hit Ashhhhh...." He cannot finish his sentence as his head collapses yet again to the ground and he slowly slips into oblivion.

[sblock=saving throws]
don I, I had originally rolled saving throws for poison and death: 16 and 9 respectively, but lost my post when I pressed a wrong button on my keyboard. aargghhh. You can check the history if you'd like. Otherwise, you can use the two new rolls I will roll now

poison saving throw: (I believe I get a +5 here): 10

death saving throw: 3 lol on the death saving throw
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
After casting a quick glance around the warehouse to make sure there are no more pressing threats, Raiyek drops his sword and shield and tries to keep Kruk from slipping further into Lauto's clutches. Unfortunately, his hands are shaky from his own brush with death, and they do little to help the dwarf.
[sblock=Actions]Heal to stabilize Kruk: 1d20+8=12. Dang :(

Well, if we need it, I still have one Lay on Hands left. I'll be able to save him from dying, but I do only have 3 surges left, so I'd rather save them if I can.[/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:6/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:3/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (1/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'm planning to be moving the beginning of this week, and I'm not sure how long it will take or how much internet access I'll have during the move, and once I get where I'm going.

So, until I'm fully back, feel free to NPC me. If Kruk fails another death save, though, I'll burn my last Lay on Hands to revive him.[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
As the last gnoll leaves the building, 7 Rabbit curses in his native language. He takes a futile step to follow, but turns as Kruk collapses and rushes over. A glowing spark emerges from the spear gnolls body and orbits his head.

"I have no skill in healing," he says, "But the fate I laid on this creature has come to pass, and this in turn will aid my will to come to pass." He gestures to the tiny star orbiting his head. "I will use this gift to aid you if I can."

[sblock=OOC]
This is all just fluff for my OOC suggestion: on my turn I'll roll Aid Another. If Les delays until after me, that's an extra +2 to Heal.

I might as well just roll it now: 15. Damn, I should've just tried Heal directly.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: Nice work everyone. That was awesome! And thank you all for coming to my aide :). With your help, I'll make it out in one piece.

[sblock=OOC plans for lvl 2]
Even though Kruk is lying in a pool of blood and vomit (results of the poison), he's really enjoyed this battle. Call Kruk a glutton for punishment, but he loves the abuse and damage he takes from all types of forms: physical, psychic, poison, and electric. Although he'll never forget the glorious big hit in Hoofchew, a true defender (tank) is what he wants to be.

Lord Sessadore, you mentioned this in a previous post:

Well, with the newly-approved lax retraining rules for L4W, you can do nearly a full overhaul of your character before you hit level 2 (or when you level up to 2nd level). You can basically change everything except race, class, and ability scores, as long as you keep the same general concept.

If we're still in this adventure, though, you'd have to get Don's permission if you did that kind of an overhaul. But with those rules you could change all of your powers, feats, skills trained, and even class feature choice. So yes, it's possible here. :)

If what Lord S says is true (i have no doubt that ii is), I'll be doing a complete overhaul of Kruk.

Don I, if Kruk makes it through this battle and there is loot to be awarded, a wonderful shield or one-handed axe would be nice. ;)

thanks

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les strides over to Kruk's body and frowns. She drops to her knees and pulls out her bag, quickly beginning to apply poultices and bandages. At the same time, she tries to apply several herbs to try and weaken the effect of the poison.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Delay turn until after Seven-Rabbit;
Heal Check to stabilize: 19
Move: Move to Kruk's side
Minor: None

Sorry for delays! Yesterday was a campus event and today is the Circus, Yay![/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit strides over to stand over Kruk and Les, and holds his hand over them with a grandiose gesture. The orbiting spark spirals down to orbit around their heads, despite Rabbit's claims, she can't feel any sort of mystical aid. Eventually, the star winks out.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: to Kruk's side
Standard: Aid Another on Les's Heal check fails. Good thing she didn't need it.
[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
Ashurn, eyes staring into the starry night from the hole in the ceiling which was made by Marley. Why is there such hatred in his eyes? No matter, we've to find him. Something tells me things are not what it seems to be...

Ashurn turns back to his party. seeing them doing their best to keep Kruk from the keeper's hands. Les is doing a fine job but it seems Kruk needs more help than that. With haste, Ashurn rushes over to his side, opening up his sack to bring out some grounded herbs and bandages. Cursing and swearing that he should have learnt the art of healing more diligently.

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les looks to Seven-Rabbit and shakes her head. "That was pretty. Did it do anything?" When Ashburn rushes over and starts to mess up with a basic tourniquet, she pushes him back. "Do you want to kill him?"

[sblock=OOC]
FAIL :p Love you both.
[/sblock]

Remove ads