Adventure: Echoes of O

Don Incognito

First Post
Les rushes to Raiyek's side, trying to administer first aid. She is not only able to stop the bleeding, but she is able to shake Raiyek awake.

The spear gnoll heads towards 7 Rabbit and thrusts its spear at the dwarf. It scores a hit, drawing blood and leaving 7 Rabbit barely standing (moves to J7, hits 7 Rabbit for 11, and marks him until the end of his next turn).

Map

Initiative:
"Fluffy" (4 damage, marked by Kruk): 26
Sessadore (6/27, prone):
Dawn Raven (16/24): 19
Spear Gnoll J7 (10 damage): 18
JNC (4/30, marked by J7): 17<<Your Turn!
Club Gnoll D10 (Dead): 17
Pierce (19/24, 6thp): 16
Spear Gnoll D7 (Dead): 13
Club Gnoll O4 (30 damage, bloodied): 13
Dimsdale (20/31, 6thp): 3

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Rabbit turns and flees, whimpering, to join the circle of his friends. When he reaches safety he whirls and thrusts out his hand. "Stay back," he cries as the gnoll is enveloped in sickly light. "Come no closer!"

[sblock=OOC]
Move: Move to F9 (trigger OA, activate Shadow Walk)
Standard: Dire Radiance on spear gnoll

17 to hit vs. Fort (incl. +1 Prime Shot)
15 damage (incl. 1d6 Warlock's Curse)
If that hits and the gnoll moves closer to me on its next turn, it takes 5 more damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=7 Rabbit stat block]7 Rabbit- Male Dwarf Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC:15 (17 vs. OA), Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:4/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/10
Initiative -1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers: Dire Radiance, Eldritch Blast, Diabolic Grasp, Armor of Agathys
Effects: Warlock's Curse on spear gnoll, concealment until end of next turn
[/sblock]

Last edited:

PierceSG

First Post
Seeing the bloodied dwarf, Ashurn steps forth putting himself between the gnoll assailant and his friend. "Now, you shall taste my blade!" hissed Ash as he flicks his wrist to send the blade sailing across the room towards the gnoll! But the gnoll evaded the attack skillfully.
[sblock=Actions]Move=To G9.
Standard=Sly Flourish vs J7. 14 vs AC; 11 damage. Awwww...:(
Minor=None
Free=Catch the returning dagger.[/sblock]
With another quick flick, the dagger magically appear back in Ash's hand. "Are you alright my friend? You are in need of healing. I'll try my best to keep the beast off you."

Don Incognito

First Post
The spear-wielding gnoll tries to skewer 7 Rabbit as he makes his escape, but the tip of the spear is unable to pierce his leather. The dwarf's curse has the gnoll visibly shaken (J7 is bloodied).

Ash's dagger goes wide, and misses the gnoll.

The club gnoll, seeing that the battle is hopeless, flees toward the door at the southern end of the warehouse (double move to go to I13).

Map

Initiative:
"Fluffy" (4 damage, marked by Kruk): 26
Sessadore (6/27, prone):
Dawn Raven (16/24): 19
Spear Gnoll J7 (10 damage): 18
JNC (4/30, marked by J7): 17
Club Gnoll D10 (Dead): 17
Pierce (19/24, 6thp): 16
Spear Gnoll D7 (Dead): 13
Club Gnoll I13 (30 damage, bloodied): 13
Dimsdale (20/31, 6thp): 33<<Your Turn!

[sblock=OOC]This battle is feeling kinda grindy, and I'll try not to drag it out.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Do we want to let the gnoll escape? I suppose it would make the combat faster, but it might not be a good thing to have Hyann know it was us ...

Another tactic to speed the end of this fight would be to use Intimidate to make one or both of the bloodied gnolls surrender. I guess that's up to Don as to whether it would work or not, but it's an option.

In any case, I think we should focus on the bloodied opponents first to finish them off.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I don't think the battle is a grind. It seems to me that we've gotten away from the original fast-paced posting. I like a fast posting adventure, but understand when people can't post quickly due to other "non-game" related events.
[/sblock]

Kruk charges forward to the gnoll with the spear, swinging his club low with the intention of swiping the him off his feet.

[sblock=actions]
move to j8 to attack gnoll at j7
action: spinning sweep: attack roll: 14 if hit, damage: 8 , plus the target is knocked prone.
minor: none

kruk marks gnoll at j7
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
current hp: 18 +6 temp = 24
affects:

Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12 (five used)
AC 18+1=19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic (armor)
action Points: 0 (used) Second Wind: (used)
Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike: (used)
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I'd kind of like to curse the fleeing gnoll and try to take him out next round so I can get the Fate of the Void bonus. But it might be a waste of a turn if its fleeing anyway, so I might as well just go for one of the other ones. What do you think?
[/sblock]

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Don't forget that you're marked by the other one, JNC. My personal preference IC is to not let him get away. But at the same time, letting him get away could lead to some interesting conversations in the future. So I correct what I just said. Let him go!
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Don't forget that you're marked by the other one, JNC. My personal preference IC is to not let him get away. But at the same time, letting him get away could lead to some interesting conversations in the future. So I correct what I just said. Let him go!

I'm pretty sure that mark wears off at the beginning of the gnoll's next turn.
[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Actually, I'd rather kill the fleeing gnoll off. That is my own opinion of course. If we really have to fight Hyann down the road, I rather he not know about us so we might have a chance to catch him off guard. But it's really up to the rest.[/sblock]

Remove ads