Adventure: Echoes of O

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=OOC]First thing first. LONG LIVE MARLEY! Hahaha!. Wow, blue wings of fire and he flies! I kind of know he would be strong. But that strong? Hehe.
Anyway, to Sess, Ashurn have not yet burn his Second Wind in this encounter yet. (It is per encounter, right?)
Hopefully, Les can help you with healing? I believe me and Rabbit are out of range now. =([/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Yes, 2nd wind is per encounter.

On the topic of healing, I don't mean to tell everyone what to do, but if Les wants to cover all of us with Bastion of Defense, she could move into position and then ready an action to use it when Ash and Rabbit are in range. I believe it can work that way. It's probably better if we're in one group anyway - all our remaining enemies are melee, so they'll follow us.

Edit: Oh, and I'll probably be scarce this weekend. Going to visit the fiancee for the long weekend. Should be back in action Monday or Tuesday. Happy Easter for those of you who celebrate![/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I'm fine with moving closer to the others. My only worry is that the club gnoll at O4 will go to help Burodorub instead of following us. I'll at least take one last pot-shot at him before fleeing.
[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I'm fine with moving closer to the others. My only worry is that the club gnoll at O4 will go to help Burodorub instead of following us. I'll at least take one last pot-shot at him before fleeing.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Hehe, I would say to not worry about the gnoll going to help the wizard that Marley is having fun with. If it does go help, it would probably die before it could utter a "Yelp!". :p I'm more afraid of it going after you. Though I would try my best to kill it with my ranged attacks.[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Raiyek's blade glows white as he strikes down the bloodied gnoll.

(Imageshack is being stupidm so no map)

Initiative:
"Fluffy" (DC): 26
Sessadore (3/27):
Dawn Raven (16/24): 19<<Your Turn!
Spear Gnoll M8: 18
JNC (9/30): 17
Club Gnoll D10 (Dead): 17
Pierce (19/24): 16
Spear Gnoll D7 (Dead): 13
Club Gnoll O4 (30 damage, bloodied): 13
Dimsdale (20/31, weaponless): 3

[sblock=OOC]I'll give Raven a day or two to post, if not I'll just NPC her to keep things moving.[/sblock]

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry was away for Easter, and completely forgot to tell ya'll. I apologize >< Anyway, Sess's suggestion is good. I always forget about readied/delayed actions. I can use a readied action on 'Fluffy' and he'll not get a chance to move before the trigger activates (Ash/Seven-Rabbit moving into range)
[/sblock]

The githyanki reacted sluggishly to Marley's revival. Her mouth formed an O of surprise and her eyes harden. Well that was surely unexpected. She moves across the circle, shaking her head at the state the group is in. Hyann's pack had hit them hard and relentlessly. If they didn't wrap it up quickly then some of them might not make it out of here conscious. Her chain spins in an intricate spiralling pattern down in front of her and across her left hand side as she moves around Raiyek and into the broken arcane sigil.

She carefully keeps away from the tiefling's monstrous pet while calling out to Ashburn and 7-Rabbit over her shoulder. "You two, get over here, now! Or I won't help carry out your bodies!"

As soon as her other two allies close, she lets out a warcry and twirls the chain around her head. Toothed spikes reach out like the fangs of the giant crocodile they had once been imprisoned by. Freed of the constriction of a mouth-like structure, the bones tear toward 'Fluffy.' Les's vigor encourages all around her to fight harder and more cautiously. They needed to be careful in order to finish this intact.

[sblock=Actions]
Ready action to use Bastion of Defense: 14 v. AC (Nooo! Curse low rolls on important attacks!
If it hits: 23 damage and all allies get +1 to defenses until end of encounter.
If it misses (and if it hits): All allies within 5 squares get 6 temp HP.

Mind you, it says "allies" so it does not include Les T_T.

Trigger: Ashburn and Seven-Rabbit move into the 5 square range
Move: to G9
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Just a quick note - looks like you forgot that you're using a +1 spiked chain now. ;) So (I think) it should be 15 vs. AC and 24 damage, if that helps at all.

Anyhow ... I really wish I was an avenger, so I could toss out Divine Guidance right about now, haha.[/sblock]

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=Agreed]
Or an Oath to double the chances to hit...mechanics aside, I think parts of Les's personality would work for an avenger. If I do make a second though, then Les will have to take turns with her for taking part in adventures. Time I may have, but thoughtful dedication to a character's postings and opinions and random, miniature side stories (yes I do it to amuse myself..) requires more than time. It needs love! Hah. Sappy.
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Les moves to a more strategic position.

The final spear-wielding gnoll ignores the tableau unfolding between the tiefling and the ganglord and does its best to put himself between the warlord and her injured companions. It thrusts its spear toward Ash, but the crafty rogue is able to see the attack coming, and dodges.

Map

Initiative:
"Fluffy" (DC): 26
Sessadore (3/27):
Dawn Raven (16/24): 19
Spear Gnoll K10: 18
JNC (9/30): 17<<Your Turn!
Club Gnoll D10 (Dead): 17
Pierce (19/24): 16
Spear Gnoll D7 (Dead): 13
Club Gnoll O4 (30 damage, bloodied): 13
Dimsdale (20/31, weaponless): 3

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Rabbit tries to fumble off a blast of dire radiance, but realizes he is too dazed. He reluctantly heeds the warlord's call and withdraws, staggering in a wide berth around the spear-wielding gnoll.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: move to I6, activating Shadow Walk. That puts me 4 squares from Fluffy, so he's the closest enemy for Warlock's Curse, and 5 squares from Raiyek, so I should still just barely be in range of - whatever that power was he wanted to use
[/sblock]

[sblock=7 Rabbit stat block]7 Rabbit- Male Dwarf Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC:15 (17 vs. OA), Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:9/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/10
Initiative -1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers: Dire Radiance, Eldritch Blast, Diabolic Grasp, Armor of Agathys
Effects: Warlock's Curse on spear gnoll, concealment until end of next turn, dazed until end of club gnoll's next turn
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads