Discussion - General Discussion Thread '09

Theroc

First Post
Question:
Does En-World's campaign allow the Unearthed Arcana's LA buy-off rules? If not, is that something that could be suggested, or would it be rejected out of hand?

Theroc

First Post
Are the LEW homebrew weapons the Shortscythe and Halfscythe trip weapons like the Scythe?

It's not mentioned anywhere, but aside from that they're rather identical to the 'pick' weapons, so I was wondering.

Knight Otu

First Post
Question:
Does En-World's campaign allow the Unearthed Arcana's LA buy-off rules? If not, is that something that could be suggested, or would it be rejected out of hand?
I'm pretty sure those rules aren't available, and I think they wouldn't be particularly useful here anyway - races with LA are rather rare to begin with since you're retiring another character to gain access to them, and chances are that if you do that, the character's level would be either past the point where you are eligible to take the buy-off (and the XP cost makes it a bit messy to apply it at character creation in that case), or too far away to matter much (unless you retire characters strategically). Now, it wouldn't be useless, but I suspect it would turn out uneven among characters

Are the LEW homebrew weapons the Shortscythe and Halfscythe trip weapons like the Scythe?

It's not mentioned anywhere, but aside from that they're rather identical to the 'pick' weapons, so I was wondering.
I've checked, and that's how the original creator intended them to be. Though to be honest, I wasn't even aware that the scythe was a trip weapon in 3.5 - it's more famous in these parts for setting the damage record. :uhoh:

Theroc

First Post
I realized the part with the LA buyoff, I was just asking because I myself had been considering a couple of those races in the future should something happen to a character of mine and they were killed in such a way as they couldn't be revived.

Additionally, because I've always liked the idea of a lycanthrope, but from what I understand the LA scores actually hurt a character more than the benefit they provide, leading one to be less effective in the long run.

And thanks about the scythe, I was curious about them as the scythe was always a fun looking weapon mechanically. Especially if you can push a high critical chance.

Theroc

First Post
Hm... I'm currently having trouble with my email address... as in I can't recieve messages.

I believe I managed to send one to Trouvere earlier, and hopefully he can confirm here whether or not he received it(as I got no error message).

Since my first character is approved, will it be possible to participate in an adventure here so long as I make sure to check the board fairly frequently? (I already do sit with a few Enworld tabs open for at least 4 hours a day...) My time schedule is very free at the moment and so I tend to check my forums frequently.

Just wondering if my technical difficulty will prohibit me from trying to get into the adventures despite my high activity.

Theroc

First Post
My email appears to be working, but in the offchance this happens again, an answer would be awesome.

Another question:
Would a Wizard possessing the LEW homebrew feat "Arcane Spontaneity"(Which allows a wizard to convert prepared spells into the selected spell and cast spontaneously) allow said wizard to fulfill the Dragon Disciple's requirement of casting arcane spells spontaneously?

Erekose13

Explorer
Constant email access is not required or enforced in anyway. It is a request to facilitate easy communication should a DM need to get a hold of you but lacking one will not prevent you from playing. In general it will not be used (in 6 years, I've never had a DM contact me via email).

Regarding Arcane Spontaneity, yes that was intentional. It also works for one of the LEW homebrew PrCs (whose name I'm blanking out on).

Theroc

First Post
Learner is the PrC. It's so special it gets it's own page.

Thanks for the info. Knowing that almost makes me liable to choose a wizard over a sorcerer, as it allows me to be more of a skillmonkey, lol.

Theroc

First Post
I've been working on a Wizard character, and discovered that you have a fairly decent amount of material describing what goes on at the Academy, in such a way that it almost sounds as if a player could attend after character creation.

How would one go about doing this? (I think it would make for interesting play to attend the school and playing it out... though I'm not sure how one would adventure while attending, since it is an Arcane School which means very little 'tanks'.)

If it isn't played out, how does all the scholarship stuff and etc... work?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases