Discussion - General Discussion Thread '09

Heckler

First Post
There's no real hard-and-fast rule saying "Craft X lets you make object Y." Just use your common sense.

Basket weaving lets you make baskets and similar items.

Weaving lets you make blankets, tapestries and other items you could make on a loom.

Leatherworking lets you make item made of leather. Belts, pouches, certain items of clothing, etc.

Theroc

First Post
Alright.

A more RP oriented question:
Is it permissable to have your character be a 'noble' in a town/City? If so, are there any that are restricted or having limitations or anything on how they'd interact/behave?

Edit:
Also, how do I paste my profile into a post? I can't paste the code in as a URL and then remove the URL, like I did for previous things. Any advice there?

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
well if you are goo enough you can learn underwater upsidedown basket weaving and make a basket of masterwork quality to be magiced into a form of heward's handy haver sack.

My fighter mentioned earlier has craft leather working and craft scrimshaw.

Theroc

First Post
well if you are goo enough you can learn underwater upsidedown basket weaving and make a basket of masterwork quality to be magiced into a form of heward's handy haver sack.

My fighter mentioned earlier has craft leather working and craft scrimshaw.

lol, I gathered as much, and Scott, I did read over your fighter, as I was planning on hijacking your formatting slowly, starting with the basic to get the character idea down, then slowly converting stuff as I figure it out, to make it more organized.

Anyways, I still don't know how to copy my profile from Notepad to a post on the forum, and besides that, I think I have my first character finished.

orsal

LEW Judge
Anyways, I still don't know how to copy my profile from Notepad to a post on the forum, and besides that, I think I have my first character finished.

Just copy-and-paste. In notepad, highlight the text and copy (ctrl-C) into your buffer. Then begin a post to the character thread and paste (ctrl-V) your copied text there.

Theroc

First Post
Just copy-and-paste. In notepad, highlight the text and copy (ctrl-C) into your buffer. Then begin a post to the character thread and paste (ctrl-V) your copied text there.

Huh, I usually highlight->Rightclick->Copy->Paste, which I couldn't do here, hence my confusion, the paste option doesn't come up when rightclicking a post here, or wasn't when I tried.

Thanks again, lol

Theroc

First Post
Ugh! Now I can't send emails from my outlook express! >.<! ~tries to figure out the problem~

Edit:
Managed to send from another PC. Hope you guys get it, lol

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
And now the coding seems to have distorted itself... and I've no idea how to fix it... BAH!

Well... I feel stupid at this point, I spent like an hours adjusting the spacing, then when it's displayed is ruined anyway. If anyone knows how to assist making http://www.enworld.org/forum/4738081-post391.html this profile's spacings appear even rather than scattered to all hell, I'd be very much obliged.

Erekose13

Explorer
Here you go :) The key to the spacing is using tabs instead of single spaces to make the table columns align.

Attachments

• theroc.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 143

Theroc

First Post
Here you go :) The key to the spacing is using tabs instead of single spaces to make the table columns align.

o_O when I paste that in, it still doesn't seem right.

Is my post cursed or something?

Edit: It looks fine in the Notepad, Erekose, but when I pasted it into my post, it's all scattered and stuff.

Last edited:

Remove ads