Penny Arcade/PvP D&D Podcast Episode 2

filthgrinder

First Post
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4pod/20090225
he forgot about Tide of Iron needing a shield.

That was pretty forgivable. If you think about it, they came over, showed them the Character Builder, had them build up their characters, and then probably went right into the game. Over looking something like that is pretty easy when you are going quick, and probably bouncing around answering questions from everyone doing up characters, especially if he first went through intending to use a shield, and then swap it out later for the big axe.

Bodhiwolff

First Post
Here is what I gleaned from listening ...

Radiant Vengeance
At-Will
Ranged 10
WIS vs. REF
1d8+WIS dam
Effect: Avenger gains temp hitpoints equal to WIS

Overwhelming Strike
At-Will
WIS vs. AC
1W+WIS Dam
Effect: Shift 1 Square and slide target 1 square into the square you just vacated

Avenger has an ability to mark a target, using Oath of Enmity

Then ...
Divine Guidance
Burst 10
Immediate interrupt
Trigger: an ally within 10 squares attacks your Enmity target
Effect: Target ally makes a second attack roll and uses *either* result

Will Wheaton describes a lot of radiant-damage style powers.

Last edited:

Here is what I gleaned from listening ...
(snip)
I haven't gotten far in it, but Wil definitely "gets it" with this being a preview class and us fans being eager for info. Right from the start I was thinking, "Wil is making sure to read these powers out line by line, and I'm sure somebody is transcribing them at EN World now."

Although they are playing already known classes, the rest are still "Oh, I have a +8 vs. Reflex, and if it hits I do 1d6 damage." while Wil mentions his powers as "Well, I have an encounter power that is burst 3 Wisdom vs. AC and does blah damage with the effect of...etc."

Thanks, Wil!!

Glyfair

Explorer
Although they are playing already known classes, the rest are still "Oh, I have a +8 vs. Reflex, and if it hits I do 1d6 damage." while Wil mentions his powers as "Well, I have an encounter power that is burst 3 Wisdom vs. AC and does blah damage with the effect of...etc."
Will also seems very new to 4E. Everyone else was in the first podcast series. Based on the discussion, he hasn't done 4E (for example, the discussion on shifting).

Remove ads