Penny Arcade/PvP D&D Podcast Episode 2

Spatula

Explorer
Will also seems very new to 4E. Everyone else was in the first podcast series. Based on the discussion, he hasn't done 4E (for example, the discussion on shifting).
Or that his attack bonus is too low. :( They catch that he's not adding 1/2 his level, but it also sounds like he's not adding his proficiency bonus to his weapon attacks. Although since he fails to roll in the double digits, I suppose it doesn't matter too much...

fba827

Adventurer
Will also seems very new to 4E. Everyone else was in the first podcast series. Based on the discussion, he hasn't done 4E (for example, the discussion on shifting).

Will says at one point (either this podcast or the last one) that this is his first time playing 4e. (or maybe it was the blog he put out at the time he just finished the game).

As to the point about his reading the avenger powers so that we (the listener) get more info, I don't get the vibe that he's describing the powers for us (the listener) I think he's doing it more so for his own understanding and also for those at the table (since they haven't seen the avenger before). But that's just my guess..

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
As Spatula mentions, it seems that Will isn't adding weapon proficiency bonus to his "Overwhelming Strike", which considering it is Wis vs AC definitely sounds like a weapon attack - so his +3 to hit should probably have been +7 taking everything into account (level and weapon prof).

Another strange thing - it sounds as if Jim Darkmagic is rolling 1d6+5 for his magic missile damage instead of 2d4+5. Strange.

Cheers

Remove ads