L4W Discussion Thread III

SeaPainter

First Post
Daunton's slums lay to the north, and I'm assuming that Stefan's is in The Commons, where it lies on the border between the seedier and unseedier parts of town. I'd prefer The Commons to be a bit farther north. But that's just nitpicking, nice work.

As long as The Commons is between the slums and the wealthy, it can be located anywhere. The penninsula seemed like a nice spot, but I was also concerned that it wasn't connected to Overgrowth. Perhaps it would work better if it were moved to the mouth of the river?

Upon reflection, the current spot is fine

If I weren't too lazy to research better, then I wouldn't keep mucking up the space-time continuum in Daunton:eek:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Hey, has garyh been the judge for the entire run of Closed Eye?

And the DM sequence was Graf, Halford, covaithe, right?

EDIT: two more questions while I'm here:

1. The Ebon Mirron was DM'd by Halford, then garyh. Right?
2. I've been assuming that the original poster of each thread is the DM. Any threads where that wasn't true, other than Closed Eye and Ebon Mirror?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Thanks for putting that together, Joe.

The first poster of each of the threads was the original DM, yes.

As for judges, Halford was judging the Closed Eye to start, and then garyh became judge when Halford took over DMing (Right? When Halford disappeared, covaithe took over as DM instead of garyh, because garyh was judge for Halford's other game as well.)

Judges for the Ebon Mirror were garyh, now Dunamin.

I think I've got that correct. I made edits reflecting that, but if I'm wrong, one of you guys should correct me ;)

CaBaNa

First Post
I like the updates, feeling fresh. From reading the last few posts I see there is an extensive system in place to keep the pace when people vacate. Thanks to all involved.

So who is ready to start tutoring me on how I can be helpful to the community? I'm thinking at minimum I can do character checking, I don't know the code so well as many of you, but I can spot discrepancy.B-)

I may also be getting ahead of myself, so feel free to let me know if I should just ride the learning curve for a while longer. I'd hate to be the rusty cog or the squeaky wheel...

Appreciate the work everyone in the community puts forward, so that everyone can have fun. This is also some of the best RP I have seen, applause to the players.

Warm fuzzies all around.;)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Cabana, there are a number of ways to contribute to the community. The obvious things that come to my mind:

-As a player, obviously. That's what the community is for.
-As a DM. There's always need for adventures and there will be even more soon since we're discussing the introduction second characters. I suggest you read extensively the setting wiki; beside being good inspiration, it's a pretty good read in itself.
-As a Character Approver. You can ask the judges if you can help check new characters or characters levelling up. An approval from a full judge and one from a character approver at least is needed for a character to be able to gain XP. So it's a good way to help the judges.
-As a judge. Now this is more work, and you might need more experience in the community before thinking about it.
-With your opinions in the proposal and discussion threads. Even though you're not a judge and cannot vote on proposals, you can highlight things you thing are important, and make points that will help the decision process. Also, anyone can make proposals following the guidelines.
-Expanding the setting. L4W is a Living World from a community of gamers, so anyone can add to it. Obviously you should contact the judges or open a thread about the additions you'd like to make beforehand.

That said, just "being there", talking, playing and introducing and welcoming new members is IMO a great way in itself to make this an ever larger, and nicer community.
Cheers!

CaBaNa

First Post
I'm comfortable with trying out character approval. Once I understand the battle system and mapping better I'll start DMing. Thanks for the list atanatotatos. If judges send a link I'll review the character.

Atanatotatos

First Post
I'm working on a short adventure (one level), but before finalizing the mechanics and sending it to he judges for approval I'd like to know how many characters are in the tavern, how many are interested, and if they're all 1st level (I suppose so). Raise your hand guys!

Don Incognito

First Post
*raises hand*

although i'm used to a fast-paced game, so if you can't post at least once every two days i may lose interest.

i'm ADD like that.

Remove ads