SciFi channel to become.. SyFy channel

qstor

Adventurer
Is that real? It looks like it. What a dumb idea. I hope they don't start having reality dating shows, wrestling is bad enough.

Mike

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Aww, come on. I think Syphi would be the perfect place for Rock of Love or A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila. :lol:

Ooooorrrrr...

Rocket Love- a show in which space vixens try to find true love with Flash Gordon, Commando Cody, Buck Rodgers...and, of course, Capt. Kirk and Will Ryker.

and

A Shot at Love with Turanga Leela

(Turanga Leela - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

In good news, though, they're going to be airing Primeval, an excellent little show from England. I watched it on BBC America and loved it.

D24Gamer

First Post
I wish someone would create a classic Sci-Fi channel. Older science fiction movies, and classic sci-fi FV shows---one that doesn't focus a lot on original programming or cross genres (even old horror movies and shows would be great here). There is a need and demand for this, so why doesn't it happen?

Shows like: Classic Trek, Twilight Zone, The Invaders (old show), The Immortal (old show), etc.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
First of all, a lot of those shows get aired late night in all kinds of channels...including SyFy and Chiller.

Secondly, that IS how Sci-Fi Network started. It got them some ratings because, at the time, there was no real competition. Nowadays, however, there is a fair amount of genre fiction on TV, both on cable and mainstream channels.

D24Gamer

First Post
All I can is, I'd buy it :) But yes, you are correct, Sci-Fi did start off this way.
Kind of like Sci-Fi for Turner Classic Movies...in that vein. Remember, "Groovie Movies" on USA Network?
Saturday Nightmares? Olden classics, not this new junk.

Remove ads