SciFi channel to become.. SyFy channel

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I am fine with it. If I search for a show on the network in a search engine like hulu or itunes, it sure is helpful if they use a trademarked name as opposed to a descriptive name that gets me tons of results outside of what I was looking for.

As the world grows closer towards feeding TV shows through the net, having a trademarkable name will become much more important. Better to do it now rather than later.

I have no problem with a trademarkable name, yts just thys realli stoopyd one thei chose.

Darthjaye

First Post
Figures

Actually they should just go with the name that makes sense. Sigh....Fi. It seems to be the way the view the audience that is the reason for their very being. To say and do this is a slap in our collective faces. SyFy? Way to catch up to the early decade lingo you corporate jackasses. Not to mention "Imagine Greater"? So they have pretty much fired or killed anyone who knew anything about the English language there i see.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Actually they should just go with the name that makes sense. Sigh....Fi. It seems to be the way the view the audience that is the reason for their very being. To say and do this is a slap in our collective faces. SyFy? Way to catch up to the early decade lingo you corporate jackasses. Not to mention "Imagine Greater"? So they have pretty much fired or killed anyone who knew anything about the English language there i see.

Exactly how is this a slap in the face?

Seriously, how can you be that up in arms over this change?

Exactly how is this a slap in the face?

Seriously, how can you be that up in arms over this change?

Well, the name reminds me of Golden Wyvern Adepts. While the idea was probably sound (or at least a terrible abomination and personal affront), the name sucked.

But stuff like that gets easily blown out of proportion on the interwebs.

I still don't know why it really happens. It seems some people just get into a rage very easily, and like to things personally.

So, Mistwell, I guess we both will sometimes ask this question, if not in threads, than in our minds... B-)

ssampier

First Post
A common-sense idea

Sci-Fi Channel should change their name to SFC. It doesn't need to stand for anything.

Game Show Network changed their name to GSN; I rather like the change.

Remove ads