"Magic card" sized Character Sheet

Nytmare

David Jose
@ Nytmare: can you post your character cards? I'm curious to see them.

I've got an excel sheet that you import the Character Builder summary into that will then generate cards. I was holding off on making an MSE set for them till that end of the UCS got hammered on a little bit more.

cardC1.jpg
cardC2.jpg

cardC3.jpg
cardC4.jpg

cardC5.jpg
cardC6.jpg

http://www.guild.net./~nytmare/dnd/malik/index.html

The program isn't fit for public consumption just yet, I need to clear out the copyrighted information and make it a bit more user friendly.

Nytmare

David Jose
I avoided that because then you're getting into "Why not just use a character sheet?" 9 cards is one whole sheet.

The difference I saw between having one card for each set of information, and a character sheet was that the player is able to discard anything they don't need at the moment, thereby slimming down their character sheet to whatever they want/need at the moment. It's the same as discarded power cards; in a fight the skills, power description, and equipment character cards are rarely needed, so you ditch them and their extraneous information is no longer in the way.

My players also don't play with their cards laid out on the table. For the most part they keep their cards in one stack of "being used" and one "not being used" so they never eat up more real estate than one or two cards would anyway.

Mercutio01

First Post
The difference I saw between having one card for each set of information, and a character sheet was that the player is able to discard anything they don't need at the moment, thereby slimming down their character sheet to whatever they want/need at the moment. It's the same as discarded power cards; in a fight the skills, power description, and equipment character cards are rarely needed, so you ditch them and their extraneous information is no longer in the way.

My players also don't play with their cards laid out on the table. For the most part they keep their cards in one stack of "being used" and one "not being used" so they never eat up more real estate than one or two cards would anyway.

That's not a bad idea. Interesting. Thanks for that look at your method. Really gives me some food for thought.

Nytmare

David Jose
There's another card that I didn't have online because it wasn't going to be used on that virtual character sheet.

cardCS.jpg

The final count is either seven or eight character cards depending on whether or not the character's racial traits and class abilities fill one card or two.

Nytmare

David Jose
Would you send us this sheet?

The character builder summary does not include the descriptions of feats and abilities, which I wanted to have on my character cards.

Before I release the excel sheet I need to remove all the copyright protected material and finish programming it so that it instead asks the user to enter the description and then saves it into the program.

Mastering this bit of visual basic has unfortunately eluded me for the last week or eight.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases