Poster Maps

Shadowslayer

Explorer
Howdy all.

I've been a big fan of the various poster maps WOTC has put out over the last little while. One of my favorite products that they ever did was the Fantastic Locations series in the last days of 3.5. And one of the maps on my wish list was some generic terrain locations, such as forest, swamp etc.

I know that they still do the poster maps with some products, and I was wondering which products have new maps. I now Keep on the Shadowfell repeated the "Kings Road" map, so I can imagine that there are others that repeated maps. Anyone seen some more generic ones?

Also, can someone tell me which maps come wth the newest miniatures Starter Pack?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com

Dedekind

Explorer
You may want to provide some direct feedback to WotC (dndinsider@wizards.com ?) about this. When I was at GenCon a few years ago, one of the marketing guys told me that Fantastic Locations didn't sell as well as they thought it would have. As an avid user, perhaps you should give some feedback to them? We use them a lot in our group.

Ktulu

First Post
You may want to provide some direct feedback to WotC (dndinsider@wizards.com ?) about this. When I was at GenCon a few years ago, one of the marketing guys told me that Fantastic Locations didn't sell as well as they thought it would have. As an avid user, perhaps you should give some feedback to them? We use them a lot in our group.

Which stuns me. I own every pack of the Fantastic locations and use the bleep out of them. They sold pretty well at my FLGS; wish they would have, elsewhere....

Paizo's flip-mats are ok, but they're "too sturdy" IMO. they don't fold up as nice, making it harder to store them, and they don't unfold very well, either; requiring me to use plexi-glass to keep it flat. Other than that, I still suggest them as an alternative. I've got the Keep and the desert maps, currently. I intend on purchasing a few more in the coming months.

Shadowslayer

Explorer

I actually sent them an email back when I first heard the line was being cancelled, and never heard anything back. Its poossible they got back and it got lost in my spam folder or something, but I have no idea really.

I think Fantastic Locations could be a good thing. What it had working against it were that the small adventures that came with were a little disjointed. Also, some of the locations were just a little TOO fantastic. (Hellspike Prison was great, but how many times are you gonna use it?)

But I think if they did more generic terrain maps and included a reasonable adventure with it, it'd probably sell. However, there may be too much crossover with the dungeon tiles now. Theoretically, I COULD build the forest battle plain Im looking for with an extra set of Ruins of the Wild. I guess I just like the posters better.

Have they ever done a swamp set?

Remove ads