Adventure: Fire and Ice

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
So, unless there is any objection from the other judges, I will step in to finish running this adventure. I was looking forward to playing this myself and Don left some good notes so I hope I can offer a suitable replacement to him. I will need some time to review the thread and will, hopefully, be able to update either today or tomorrow to get this thread moving again. I will be running the combat's using Mal's method (this will be my first time trying it out including HP/defenses). I expect posts during combat within 48 hours of mine to keep the game moving at a somewhat decent pace (as good as pbp can be), unless you let me know otherwise. Also, I don't post on weekends, this is an exception to the above. I usually am online from 9 - 5 EST, so if you have questions, feel free to PM me.

I'm anxious to start it up so keep your eyes open.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=...and the lights of heaven shine down upon thee!] Oh bless you renau1g, bless you! I have been utterly stuck here in L4W land and have been wanting to get this bad-boy moving. You are truly awesome! I love what you're doing over in LEB land, so keep it up! I was about this ---> [] close to retiring Crag so that I could create a new character and keep adventuring. Now I don't have to, so THANKS! [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Hooray! Thanks, renau1g!

Also, I would not mind it if you want to wrap up the adventure more quickly than Don's original plan. If you want to do the whole thing then that's great, but under the circumstances, I think no one would mind if you cut to the chase... [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The fire creature glows white hot for a moment as a tendril wraps around the warforged warden's throat for a moment, before releasing him.

The ninja hurls a shuriken at Skalisss, but the dragonborn's heavy armour proves mightier than the tiny projectile.

[sblock=OOC]
*Note: I'll finish off this fght how Don ran it then going forward we'll use Mal's methodology. I also had to modify the tokens (I don't have access to Don's sprites, sorry). Bloodied is denoted by the red dot in the bottom right corner of a token.

vs ac; fire (1d20+6=26, 1d10+3=11) Fire Crits Crag for 13 fire damage :)devil:, hold the warm welcomes ;))

INITIATIVE:
Ninja H9: 23
Ninja L5: 22
Kabuto (21 damage, Kawarimi no Jutsu expended, Dragon Blast expended): 20
Dorn: 15
Ninja J9 : 15
Sakazaki (5 temp hp) and Garcia (14 damage): 14
Skalisss: 13
Ingot(marked by Garcia)
Fire (42 damage, marked by Crag, bloodied): 5
Ninja H6 (5 temp hp): 5
Crag: 5 <- Your up
Ice: 4
Hadrak: 2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=hurray and delay]Yeah!

Since there is no one between me and Crag, I am going to act now and we will assume Crag delays until after me. He shouldn't complain, I will use Lance of faith and attempt to give him +2 to his next attack or otherwise will free him to charge if I kill fire.

Now let's roll...[/sblock]

Hadrak gleefully continues to direct the spray of dwarven spirit toward the Fire elemental but his expression changes to horror when he sees that he can no longer reach the fiend.

-''No! The pressure! The pressure is dropping!''

The dwarf blocks the lid of his casks with his hand and shakes it vigorously, praying that Hefaystos doesn't let him down for his next attempt.

Unnoticed by Hadrak through his distress, the divine brew that failed to reach the elemental instead landed on Crag and soothed his wound.

[sblock]
Standard : Oh, what a bunch of wasted electron.
vs Fire (1d20+5=12, 1d8+6=14) 12 is almost surely a miss.

Minor : Healing word on Crag
healing word (1d6+5=8) plus HS

I have a hard time finding Crag's HP but I suspect that he was pretty banged up after losing 13 additional hp.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat]Hadrak - Male Dwarf Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC:16, Fort:12, Reflex:11, Will:17 -- Speed:5
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Lance of Faith
Sacred Flame

Divine Glow
Healing Word
Healing Word
Channel Divinity

Cascade of Light
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Having once again been severely punished by the fire creature, Crag waits until JUST after his friend sets up the attack. After being splashed by the holy ale and feeling it's miraculous curing magics, he was determined to protect his companions any way he could. Thrusting his longsword at the fiery creature, he hoped that Terra would protect him from harm while he kept the creatures attention off of his healer friend behind him.

"Thank you friend. Once again you have kept me in the fight!"

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Use Strength of Stone; Hits AC 18 for 9 damage
Move: none
Minor: none
Free: Mark Fire
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Crag, Warforged Warden 1
Passive Perception: 15
Passive Insight: 10
AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 12
HP: 30/42 Bloodied: 21 S.Value: 10 Surges: 13/14
Speed: 6, Initiative +0
Action Point: USED Second Wind: Not used

Current Conditions: Bloodied

Powers:

Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Strength of Stone, Thorn Strike
Earth Spikes, Warforged Resolve
Form of the Willow Sentinel

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post

-''Uh? Oh... Yeah! In truth, the servant and the son of the Great Forger make an unstoppable team!'' Hadrak says solemnly.

Well, as solemnly as one can be when going red in the face with the effort of shaking violently an ale cask.

renau1g

First Post
Hadrak gleefully continues to direct the spray of dwarven spirit toward the Fire elemental but his expression changes to horror when he sees that he can no longer reach the fiend.

-''No! The pressure! The pressure is dropping!''

The dwarf blocks the lid of his casks with his hand and shakes it vigorously, praying that Hefaystos doesn't let him down for his next attempt.

Unnoticed by Hadrak through his distress, the divine brew that failed to reach the elemental instead landed on Crag and soothed his wound.

Having once again been severely punished by the fire creature, Crag waits until JUST after his friend sets up the attack. After being splashed by the holy ale and feeling it's miraculous curing magics, he was determined to protect his companions any way he could. Thrusting his longsword at the fiery creature, he hoped that Terra would protect him from harm while he kept the creatures attention off of his healer friend behind him. As if answering his prayers, the longsword slides cleanly into the elemental creature and splits it in twain, the only remnant of the foe is a tiny glowing red ember floating harmlessly one inch above the ground.

Kabuto looks over as the fire elemental falls and anger is evident in his eyes. "Face the fury of the ice and fire!" he calls out hurling an orb at Crag that slams into the warforged, both burning and chilling him, a disturbing sensation to say the least.

[sblock=OOC]
You actually just missed it Mal, Ref was 13. However, Crag finishes it off.
*Note: I noticed that Kabuto should be bloodied as well.

Kabuto - Move to G5 - hits Crag for 10 fire and cold damage vs ref (1d20+4=23, 1d10+3=10) (includes -2 from cover)

Man I wish I could roll this well as a player...

*No need to repost map, only change from prior is Kabuto is at G5

INITIATIVE:
Ninja H9: 23
Ninja L5: 22
Kabuto (21 damage, Kawarimi no Jutsu expended, Dragon Blast expended): 20
Dorn: 15<- Your up
Ninja J9 : 15
Sakazaki (5 temp hp) and Garcia (14 damage): 14
Skalisss: 13
Ingot(marked by Garcia)
Fire : 5
Ninja H6 (5 temp hp): 5
Crag: 5
Ice: 4
Hadrak: 2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
With newfound boldness (fortified, no doubt, from the gradually decreasing number of enemies on the battlefield), Dorn steps past his allies to face off with Kabuto (OOC: Move to H8).

"You want to see some fire? I'll show you some FIRE!" Dorn shouts. He raises his hands, and for the third time a blast of flame flows forth, bathing the ninja and Kabuto in crimson (OOC: Burning spray hits Kabuto reflex 18, ninja reflex 17 for 16 fire damage (max damage baby!))

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 1
Passive Perception 9, Passive Insight 9
AC 14, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 16 (base defenses)
HP 15/22, 5 tmp hp Bloodied 11 Surge Value 5, Surges 5/6
Speed 6, Initiative +4
Action Points: 0

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Thunder (resist 5, ignore 5 resistance)
+1 AC from Wild Magic

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
USED Furious Assault
USED Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Ingot's Roll]renau1g -

Things got a little bit confused there with the ninjas jumping away from Ingot in Don's last post... Ingot has a readied action to attack with Healing Strike if they come back into range. It wasn't clear whether I should use the original roll for Healing Strike that got thwarted, or if I should make a new roll.

Here is the old roll if you want to use that one. If you want me to make a new one just let me know.
Healing Strike +8 vs AC; radiant damage (1d20+8=23, 2d12+4=10)[/sblock]

Remove ads